Exadel, Inc. Announces Struts Studio Professional

Discussions

News: Exadel, Inc. Announces Struts Studio Professional

1. Exadel, Inc. announced the availability of Struts Studio Professional, their Web Integrated Development Environment (WIDE). Struts Studio has been updated to work with the new Struts 1.1. It can work with your existing struts projects, and gives you a nice GUI view on your struts applications.

Links:

Download Struts Studio: http://www.exadel.com/products_strutsstudio_professional.htm.

Read more about Struts Studio: www.StrutsStudio.com.

See a visual presentation

New features:

In addition to full support for Struts 1.0, this new tool from Exadel also supports all of the features of the recently announced 1.1 release of Jakarta Struts, including:

- Tiles: a new "template-based" page authoring framework
    - Validation Framework: a "rule-based" engine for validation of user input
    - Modules: special framework for multi-modular web applications
    - Support for the use of arbitrary tag libraries
    - Ability to print Web Flow diagram with zooming
    - And many others...

Web Flow now supports Tiles Web Flow is a graphical framework for the visual development of web applications. It allows defining and visualizing the Struts configuration XML file. Now it becomes even more useful with support of Tiles, the latest template-based page rendering framework.

Validator Editor In addition to Web Flow, we offer a new tool, the Validator Editor. With our Validator Editor you can create complex validation settings for your web application. The Editor "reframes" configuration settings. You will see all your settings from any point of view exactly as the Runtime sees it. This eliminates the needs to comb through long XML files looking for a specific value that will be used in a particular situation.

Multi-modular applications support Struts Studio full supports the new modules. A developer can define a set of modules and arbitrarily use module-to-module transitions in Web Flow. You can drag and drop any action from another module into a Web Flow diagram, and Struts Studio will detect module-to-module transition.

Incorporate JSP tag libraries You can drag and drop any TLD file (or even a single tag) into the palette bar. Then you can use it in JSP file editor.

Print Web Flow diagrams with zooming Now developers can print out the web flow diagrams for project documentation. They can also be printed on several pages with zooming.

Round-Trip Struts development Struts Studio provides developers with full control over their source code. Web applications created with Struts Studio are 100% pure Struts applications and all existing Struts web applications are 100% readable by Exadel Struts Studio (through the Struts Studio "adoption" feature).

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Struts Studio[ Go to top ]

I downloaded an eval version a couple of months ago, and it seemed like a real slick product.

However, I would only consider it for situations where I was developing applications entirely from scratch with this product. I attempted to import a very simple Struts application, with about six screens and associated action and form classes, and the visualization diagram it created was a jumbled monstrosity. After fiddling around for about 30 minutes, I was no closer to untangling the diagram to something legible.

I imagine that if you built from the ground up using the product, and didn't mind tweaking and coaxing the diagram as you add new pieces, you could end up with some real nice live documentation in a team development environment.
  3. Struts Studio[ Go to top ]

Since version you spoke about, we have made couple more improvements on the diagram that might make it more clear and easy to read.
  4. Corby, You might consider M7 NitroX for Struts. We had very strong, positive feedback for our Struts and JSP solution at JavaOne. You can readily import your existing struts application and see for yourself.
    I downloaded an eval version a couple of months ago, and it seemed like a real slick product.

However, I would only consider it for situations where I was developing applications entirely from scratch with this product. I attempted to import a very simple Struts application, with about six screens and associated action and form classes, and the visualization diagram it created was a jumbled monstrosity. After fiddling around for about 30 minutes, I was no closer to untangling the diagram to something legible.

I imagine that if you built from the ground up using the product, and didn't mind tweaking and coaxing the diagram as you add new pieces, you could end up with some real nice live documentation in a team development environment.