Discussions

News: Clear Methods Announces Steam Version 3.10

1. Clear Methods Announces Steam Version 3.10 (1 messages)

Steam™ software provides a flexible, secure, and easy to learn platform for Web services. Steam applications are developed in the Water language, an open, all-purpose, object-oriented language that makes it possible to express business logic in XML.

The new features of version 3.10 of the Steam platform add enhanced database access, extend XML to all tiers of computing and eliminate the need for wrappers when implementing Web services applications.

The Steam platform includes the Steam IDE tools and editor and the Steam Engine runtime environment. Steam applications are developed in the Water language, an open, all-purpose, object-oriented language that makes it possible to express business logic in XML. Water uses ConciseXML, a mark-up syntax compatible with XML 1.0, but more concise, less ambiguous, and designed for both data and logic.

A free trial version of Steam is available at http://www.clearmethods.com/products.htm

Read the press release for Steam 3.10

Are many of you using Steam, or the open language Water?
  2. Only the second time I've heard of it, I'ts an interesting platform with some interesting ideas, I just don't see how it can really compete in the .Net and Java world. Maybe if clearmethods open sourced it...