Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: JBoss Denies Access to database Mysql 'Using password'

1. Hi Everyone

I am constantly getting this error. In jboss I have modified mysql-ds.xml and placed it under /server/default/deploy directory and also modified login-config.xml in /server/default/conf directory.

Can anyone suggest why I am getting this...any help will be highly appreciated

Thanx
    Tim

2:12:42,045 INFO [EntityContainer] Starting
    02:12:43,495 WARN [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection:
    org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user: 'userName at blah dot website dot com' (Using password: YES))
            at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnect
  2. I had the same in the past ... MySQL appears very fussy about its permissions. You should go into MySQL and do the

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON your_db.* TO userName at blah dot website dot com IDENTIFIED BY 'userName' WITH GRANT OPTION;

making sure you have the @blah.website.com ... it seems to set up a separate entry for userName, and for userName at blah dot website dot com even if the local machine is blah.website.com.
  3. Thanx it worked. The problem was with authorization of mysql db.