Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: I am having trouble deploying struts 1.1 on iPlanet 6.0 SP3 ias

1. Has anyone successfully deployed a struts 1.1 app to iPlanet 6.0 SP??

I get this error

-- error starts here
    Error: 404 SC_NOT_FOUND
    Extension of file not found, while displaying static content "

Thanks

Threaded Messages (7)

2. Move to 6.5[ Go to top ]

I work for a very large bank. Actually one of the largest credit card issuers in the world. We use iPlanet 6.5 as our application server (we''ll probably be on it for another year or so at least since they move rather slow in upgrading). I can tell you that 6.0 and struts are not very compatible. We do have several smaller internet apps using it successfully on 6.5. Our main internet application (online banking) is currently not struts oriented though that will probably be rewritten either using struts or faces or a combination.
  3. News?[ Go to top ]

Is this what passes as news on TSS these days???
  4. When did TSS start doing this???[ Go to top ]

No kidding.... is this message board going to turn into a README file now?

~C
  5. Either the TSS staff has gotten very liberal in their screening process, or this message was posted directly to the news board without their permission. Anyway, I say move it to a more appropriate forum.

Gal
  6. Read the menu items...[ Go to top ]

Kurt -
    Perhaps in the future you could review the site navigation and notice the third tab over from the left... Discussions. That'd be the place for this type of question.
  7. I don't know how this post managed to get onto the news page... but we moved it over here as soon as we saw it.

Bizarre.

Dion
  8. Maybe a post can be made directly to the news forum (without going through the unapproved messages forum) by displaying the news forum directly with news.jsp? I don't want to describe exactly how this is done, just in case it really is a security hole, but it's pretty simple. I've never tried posting from there myself and I wouldn't want to pollute the news forum by trying it, but you might want to check it out...

Gal