Discussions

General J2EE: CORBA Problem

1. CORBA Problem (1 messages)

Hi,

I am trying to write a CORBA Server (Java) -- CORBA Client(Java) application. I am doing this for testing purposes after which I would implement the client in C++. However, I have hit a roadblock at the very beginning. When I try to connect to the Server using my Client, the connection to the server and the invocation of the server side method happens fine (As I am printing the request coming in and the output being sent), but the response to the client is

ERROR : org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: vmcid: SUN minor code: 202 completed: Maybe
    org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: vmcid: SUN minor code: 202 completed: Maybe
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
    orAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
    onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
            at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
            at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
            at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.messages.ReplyMessage_1_2.getSystemExc
    eption(ReplyMessage_1_2.java:90)
            at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ClientResponseImpl.getSystemException(
    ClientResponseImpl.java:105)
            at com.sun.corba.se.internal.POA.GenericPOAClientSC.invoke(GenericPOACli
    entSC.java:129)
            at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:457)
            at MES._MesGateWayStub.MesRequest(_MesGateWayStub.java:26)
            at MES.ClientMes.main(ClientMes.java:63)

Did any of you face a similar problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
    Vijay

Threaded Messages (1)

2. CORBA Problem[ Go to top ]

Can you give us more details? What ORB are you using? how do you initialize it? Do you use the naming service (or how else do you get the refrence? ior file?).

David