Discussions

News: JBoss Joins Java Community Process

1. JBoss Joins Java Community Process (13 messages)

JBoss Group LLC has joined the Java Community Process (JCP). According to Marc Fleury: "The cache, persistence, JMX management are all specs where we already participate... New JSRs we would work on would be around the AOP [aspect-oriented programming] framework".

Read JBoss Joins Java Community Process.

Threaded Messages (13)

2. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

"Marc Fleury takes a dump, news at 11".

Blog land is ablaze, "this is some evil caca" writes blog-a-lot.

Give us a break, yes we are focusing on the business news but by golly we didn't expect the JCP joining to be news.

marcf
  3. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

Funny, I didn't see anything negative in the TSS announcement.

-Mike
  4. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

I didn't think it was newsworthy at first too (most of the financial quibling in the aritcle certainly isn't), but then thought the point about contributing to AOP specs was cool (it implies that there will be AOP specs coming).

Sometimes we also post news because if we don't, people will see J2EE stuff on other sites and think TSS is not doing a good job. It's hard to balance that need with the need to only post really high quality news.

Nothing in life is simple...

Floyd
  5. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

>
    > Floyd

Floyd, don't get me wrong, I appreciate any coverage.

marcf
  6. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

> >
    > > Floyd
    >
    > Floyd, don't get me wrong, I appreciate any coverage.
    >
    > marcf

Floyd, this news is the same as if you would post that Fleury had diarrhea this morning.

You are buying traffic with that, Floyd, so don't wonder if TSS becomes everybody's personal shithouse, because your 'news' looks like scribbel at a shithouse' wall.
  7. TSS going to the crapper...[ Go to top ]

I agree with this guy. With all the flame wars that occur on this place it will be no surprise when this place goes to shit. Actually, it's almost inevitable for a message board to avoid it. With all the trolls, flame bait posters, posers, super posers, tools, primadonas (did I miss anything, or anyone, for that matter :-P) all rambling around looking to cause trouble, it's just a matter of time, really.

How can a message board avoid going to the crapper? Simple. If the 'respected' members don't succumb to trolls, then the trolls go away because they have nothing on which to feed. It's true...

raf
  8. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

<marcf>
    Give us a break, yes we are focusing on the business news but by golly we didn't expect the JCP joining to be news.
    </marcf>

Like it or not, you personally *and* the JBG are lightning rods in the Java community.

Ryan
  9. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

Like it or not, you personally *and* the JBG are lightning rods in the Java community.

>
    > Ryan

yeah, well, I still want to apologize to floyd for my post as upon rereading it, it appears more crass than funny. So here you go, I am sorry floyd.

I giggled myself silly when I wrote it since the context is that a journalist 'snooped' the story at SUN and other journalists were pissed off because they had thought we put it out. We didn't and honestly didn't think it was a big deal. It seems that in view of our past spats with SUN it is news, so it is news :)

onward, to ludicrous speed
  10. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

>
    > Blog land is ablaze, "this is some evil caca" writes blog-a-lot.
    >
    > Give us a break, yes we are focusing on the business news but by golly we didn't expect the JCP joining to be news.
    >
    > marcf

You are so full of yourself and delusional it's not even funny.
    Yeah great you've made your little company around your opensource
    appserver. "We're gonna conquer the world and the entire market".
    Uh huh.
    Can a single news story go by about the activities of your little
    consulting company go by without you or one of your cohorts making
    some stupid and egotistical comment?

You're extremely outspoken and rude to nearly everyone
    you come into contact with, at least behind the confines of your
    keyboard. I bet you wouldn't be the same in person because you'd
    end up with a fat lip one of those times. Well probably more than
    once.

I feel sorry for the developers that have to work with you. I don't know you,
    I've never worked with you (thank God), you may be a genius for all I know in
    terms of computer science (Though I'd guess probably not with the high level
    of insecurity you display by acting the way you do). But in terms of people
    skills you are a complete retard with zero tact. I wonder how much business
    you've cost your company with your antics?

So please, for the sake of the rest of us who are grateful to not have to
    work with people like you, stop posting to this forum in a manner that is
    inflammatory and childish. We're sick of reading your crap, and the same
    goes for Bill "we're gonna own 99% of the market like Apache" Burke.
  11. JBoss Joins Java Community Process[ Go to top ]

Glad I missed the 11pm news.
  12. Javassist too I hope[ Go to top ]

I hope we can also help Professor Shigeru Chiba with a JSR submission of his bytecode manipulation library, Javassist. javassist is another JBoss.org project for those of you who don't know.

Regards,

Bill
  13. AOP Alliance[ Go to top ]

Hi,

what do you guys think about the AOP alliance?

As I see, there are no JBoss Group mmebers part of the alliance. I think a JCP approach for Java AOP standards would be much nicer than a Sourceforge project, even if this is a more public approach...

Mirko
    :wq
  14. AOP Alliance[ Go to top ]

As I remember it, JBoss was invited to join but declined.

Also, the AOP Alliance seems to be rather dead at this point. The only activity on the site in the past month has been 3 mail list messages.

-Mike