IBM on Monday released the WebSphere Software Developer Kit for Web Services (WSDK) version 5.1. WSDK is a tool to allow developers to create, discover, invoke and test Web services, and includes support for WS-I Basic Profile 1.0, SOAP 1.1, WSDL 1.1, UDDI 2.0, JAX-RPC 1.0 and EJB 2.0. A supply chain sample application is included.
New features include:
- Conformance to the final version of the Web Services Interoperability Organization's Basic Profile 1.0.
- A supply chain sample, which conforms to the WS-I Basic Profile 1.0.
- A greater level of compatibility with IBM's WebSphere Studio line of products.
- Support for split Web Services Description Language (WSDL) documents.
- A new WSDL2Client Tool, to create client-side only components for a Web service.
- Improved installation using InstallShield Multiplatform version 5.0