Searchblox is a search component that enables you to add search functionality to your applications in a matter of minutes, focusing on presentation of content rather than diving into details of search technology. SearchBlox is available as a Web Archive (WAR) and is deployable on any Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2 compliant server.
End User Features
- Advanced Search: supports Boolean AND, OR, and NOT searches, Fuzzy and fielded query searches
- Sort: search results can be sorted by date, relevance or alphabetically.
- Hit Highlighting: query terms are highlighted on content title and description
- Collections: users can limit search to specific collections
- Web-based Admin Console: easy to use and intuitive console to manage all aspects of the Search application
- Collections: create up to 5 document collections with customized settings
- Look & Feel: search results customizable using XSLT stylesheets. Can also be delivered as XML
- Reporting: real-time reporting with weekly, daily and hourly result sets, top queries and zero match queries
- Schedulers: flexible scheduling of indexing and index-refresh operations
- Crawlers: can index both HTTP and File-system based content
- Languages: supports English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish
- Stopwords: separate stopword list for each supported language
- File Types: supports HTML, Word, Excel, PDF, Text, RTF
- MetaTags: supports standard meta tag fields (title, description, keyword)
The SearchBlox FREE Edition is available free of charge and can index up to 1000 HTML documents.
The software can be downloaded from http://www.searchblox.com
When you add search to your apps, do you: roll your own, use Google, use a crawler package (HTDig), or?