Connect to Active Directory Service through Java

Discussions

EJB design: Connect to Active Directory Service through Java

1. Hello,

I have a situation where the company I work for need their Intranet Application to connect to ADS through java, they used LDAP before but there were limitations in that you couldn't move the entries to different roots.

What is the best practice for accesing ADS through java, given that my boss doesn't want to go with JAVA/LDAP combination?

Does anyone knows of any windows solution, or have Java application that does this.

Thank you in advance.
  2. it is possible to move[ Go to top ]

Am working with LDAP in a very similar application that you are working on...
    however it is possible to move entries to different root...??
    unless am not understanding you correctly..

Also..correct me anyone if am wrong...but doesnt ADS talk like LDAP?
    my 2c
  3. If im right in thinking ADS is just a new LDAP implementation from MS so you can use the sun jndi tutorial on accessing the ADS from a java app using the jndi

> Hello,
    >
    > I have a situation where the company I work for need their Intranet Application to connect to ADS through java, they used LDAP before but there were limitations in that you couldn't move the entries to different roots.
    >
    > What is the best practice for accesing ADS through java, given that my boss doesn't want to go with JAVA/LDAP combination?
    >
    > Does anyone knows of any windows solution, or have Java application that does this.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
  4. You could use a third party software like J-Integra to access Active Directory from Java. J-Integra provides a Java API that allows you to access Active Directory like create new users, manage passwords, etc. Here's a sample code:

http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/support/com/doc/#other_examples/Creating_an_NT_User_via_ADSI_from_Java.htm

Cheers,
    Frankie Ragasa
    J-Integra Interoperability Solutions
    http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/
    high performance interop middleware for java, corba, com & .net