Discussions

News: Announcing JFox 1.0 Open Source J2EE Appserver

1. Announcing JFox 1.0 Open Source J2EE Appserver (13 messages)

JFox is an Open Source, J2EE-based application server written by the Chinese Open Enterprise Foundation. JFox 1.0 DR3 adds an improved MX Http Console, integrates JTA into the EJB container as well as an XADataSource, and now supports Mysql, Oracle, and DB2.

More Detail:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfox/
    http://www.huihoo.org/jfox

Threaded Messages (13)

2. Why not joigning JONAS ?[ Go to top ]

Why not joigning JOnAS project instead of making a new one ?
  3. Why not joigning JONAS ?[ Go to top ]

Why not joigning JOnAS project instead of making a new one ?

I am not sure that the target markets are the same.

Sandeep
  4. Why not joigning JONAS ?[ Go to top ]

Because it's more important to have a wide selection of open source application servers that are in various stages of development/documentation than it is to have one high-quality open source application server.

That's one of the great things about OSS, everyone gets to create their own wheel and then post it to sourceforge.
  5. Why not joigning JONAS ?[ Go to top ]

oh come on, JFox has a much cooler logo ;)
  6. all the best
  7. Best wishes to the project and you guys!
  8. yeah,OSS from china...congratulations.
    but...in my opinion,you should have some doc in english,for it is on sourceforge now(i am a chinese,though:))
  9. Hope[ Go to top ]

I hope it will be a good beginning for chinese open source project and also hope it can be good as JBoss.
  10. Documentation[ Go to top ]

Do you guys have an English version of the documentation? (A portuguese version would be fine as well ;) )

Leonardo
  11. Documentation[ Go to top ]

hehe.Cause it's mainly targeted at Chinese developers.*_*!we're so bored with English documentation.
    You english users may have not face with WideCharactor problem when using Project such as Lucence,Struts..and so on.One of Our purpose is not only to create a chinese version,but to have a more language-compatible version for all countries' developer(You won't write things like {String s="\u03ff\u92ff";} in your code,would u?)
  12. Great!
  13. great![ Go to top ]

great!
  14. Great and keep on moving![ Go to top ]

great to hear the news of oss j2ee as comes from china.
    But a globalized perception is needed!