Discussions

News: Java Web Services Developer Pack 1.3 now available

1. Java Web Services Developer Pack 1.3 now available (4 messages)

Sun has released an updated Java Web Services Developer Pack. The 1.3 release includes JAXRPC 1.1, SAAJ 1.2 based on the WS-I basic profile 1.0. The Java Web Services Developer Pack (Java WSDP) is a free integrated toolkit that allows Java developers to build and test XML applications, Web services, and Web applications with the latest Web services technologies and standards implementations.

What's new

Final versions of JAX-RPC 1.1 and SAAJ 1.2 supporting WS-I Basic Profile 1.0
    The Java API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC) Version 1.1 and the SOAP w/Attachments API for Java (SAAJ) Version 1.2, support the Web Services Interoperability (WS-I) Basic Profile 1.0 to enable interoperability for your web services applications. See the Java WSDP 1.3 Release Notes for more information about Redistributable Components and Nonredistributable Components in the Java WSDP 1.3.

Support for final version of WS-I Sample Application 1.0

Support for J2SE logging
    The Java WSDP technologies now support the J2SETM 1.4 Logging APIs, which provides a simple, straightforward mechanism to convey status information about a running Java application. Multiple severity levels and output handlers are supported. JSTL 1.1 supports the Jakarta Commons Logging APIs only. See J2SE Logging APIs for additional information

Signed JAR files
    Java WSDP 1.3 provides signed JAR files, which lets you use the technologies in the Pack with Java Web Start.

Enhanced JAXB functionality
    In extension mode, JAXB 1.0.2 now supports XSD type substitution for complex types. JAXB also provides new vendor extensions that allow you to set <!DOCTYPE> and supress <?xml?>. Four new samples, including ones that show type substitution and element substitution, have been included too. In addition, JAXB 1.0.2 includes numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Go to the Java Web Services Developer Pack 1.3

View the Java Web Services Tutorial v 1.3
  2. Final version of JSF not released yet... Still waiting...

Cheers,

Smythe
  3. Exactly my thoughts. Obviously it's important to get it right. But it has been so long in the making and there are such a lot of existing web-component frameworks that can provide design inspiration.
    Ah well, design-by-committee probably.

groeten,
    Joost
  4. joke[ Go to top ]

It reminds me a joke:
    What is a camel?
    It's a horse designed by committee .
  5. Final version of JSF not released yet. Still waiting.

I suppose those who use a WebStart client with a server that does JAX-RPC instead of JSF would find WSDP 1.3 useful immediately.