Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: headless deploy to websphere v5

1. headless deploy to websphere v5 (3 messages)

Hello

I've got a question administration parameters of websphere v5 and controlling these automatically at deployment. I am trying to make a completely unaccompanied deployment process for websphere to do a nightly build and test system from our code repository.

We are running ejb deploy on the ear file and all this is good. The problem is that we have to change an option in the Administration console after the application is deployed. The application's classloader policy has to be changed from PARENT_FIRST to PARENT_LAST.

Does anyone know how I would specify this configuration in the ibm binding files or another way so that it is not required to manually run the administration console to change this parameter? I can't find any information in the Infocentre or in a Redbook about this.

Any help you can give is kindly regarded.

thanks
    scot.

Threaded Messages (3)

2. headless deploy to websphere v5[ Go to top ]

i think it's not in the ear or jar xmi files. but in the definition of the application server. At my work we are using, the xml-admin with websphere 4 and one attribute of the server-instance-definition is the module isolution... i think that the classloaders policy is in the same xml-config-file.

I hope that it will helps you (i'll take a look at work but for the moment I am on vacation)

Stéphan
  3. headless deploy to websphere v5[ Go to top ]

hello and thanks for your help. i found the configuration xml ok (in ws 5 it's in WebSphere/AppServer/config/cells directory heirarchy). the question for us is how to specify some of these settings at time of deployment without manually editing it or driving the web interface. I'm not sure if I can just overwrite it with an archived version, or if there's some way of specifying only the properties we need changed.
  4. and the answer is ...[ Go to top ]

wsadmin program which uses JACL script to call JMX functions to change configuration. i don't have precise details just yet but this appears to be the general approach. (I could also write JMX client I suppose but I'm going to use the wsadmin program for expediency at this point).