JCP Election Results: Richard Monson-Haefel and Doug Lea are in

Discussions

News: JCP Election Results: Richard Monson-Haefel and Doug Lea are in

1. Voting in the 2003 JCP elections is complete. Congratulations are in order for Richard Monson-Haefel, who will hold a 2 year term on the Standard / Enterprise Edition Executive Committee. Doug Lea has regained his seat, and will serve for 3 years. They beat out Sonic Software, and other individuals.

Standard / Enterprise Edition Executive Committee Results

Number of eligible voters: 635
    Percent voting members casting votes: 26.0%

Doug Lea: 43.2%
    Richard Monson-Haefel: 27.2%
    Sonic Software: 13%
    Laurence P.G. Cable: 9.1%
    Dong Chen: 1.9%
    Gustavo Adolfo Ortega Alvarado: 1.5%
    Selvan V. Rajan: 1.5%
    Dave Marquard: 1.5%
    Huy Nguyen: .7%

On the Micro Edition Executive Committee, Ericsson and Intel beat out PalmSource, Escmertec AG, and Selvan Rajan.

View the results: http://jcpelection2003.org/jcp/election_results
  2. RMH is nothing but pompous wanna-be technologist who has little to offer except dumbed down, simplistic examples on how to write against a published api.

Lea is good, we need more people like him in the committee. The fact that RMH got in is a travesty.
  3. u are confusing between RMH and Ed Roman.
  4. I just want to say Doug Lea's book is great and his threaded collections jar is great.
    http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/collections

I also understand that he voted very conservative, supporting oppen source, IMO.

.V
  5. Poor percentage[ Go to top ]

I am suprised that Percent voting members casting votes is just 26.0
  6. Poor percentage[ Go to top ]

Why is the percentage so poor. Is the people with voting rights not interested in the elections? They should participate and should not forgo their rights to vote in the interest of the JCP community.
  7. RMH is nothing but pompous wanna-be technologist who has little to offer except dumbed down, simplistic examples on how to write against a published api.

Lea is good, we need more people like him in the committee. The fact that RMH got in is a travesty.
  8. congrats to richard[ Go to top ]

first of all congratulations to RMH. it is always a pleasure to see individuals between all those big-sized companies.

in response to the noisy comments: maybe richards examples in his otherwise great books are not focused on "real-life" processes, but they do a great job in introducing information to the reader.

greetings
    dan
    [scpj2]
  9. congrats to richard[ Go to top ]

I think I must have read every edition of every J2EE book that Richard has ever written. I think he is a great writer and an excellent educator.

I think he'll make a great addition to the committee. He has all the technical as well as communication skills necessary to be out there.

Sandeep.