More user control over their own threads

Discussions

TSS feedback: More user control over their own threads

1. More user control over their own threads (2 messages)

Perhaps users could be in greater control of their own threads in terms of the following :

- Remove a thread that they created
      - Move a thread to the correct board, saving the forum moderators time from deleting them from the various boards
      - Edit a thread that they created

Regards,

Izak
  2. Here's my take on it:

> Perhaps users could be in greater control of their own threads in terms of the following :
    >
    >   - Remove a thread that they created

I'm not sure if that's a good idea. It's good to have a permanent record, you never know when someone else might benefit from the thread.

>   - Move a thread to the correct board, saving the forum moderators time from deleting them from the various boards

Absolutely.

>   - Edit a thread that they created

That's a nice idea, but I think it should be more like "revising" a thread, for instance adding revision text to the end of the message. Otherwise the messages in the thread that refer to the original message become stale.

>
    > Regards,
    >
    > Izak

Gal

3. > >   - Edit a thread that they created
    >
    > That's a nice idea, but I think it should be more like "revising" a thread, for instance adding revision text to the end of the message. Otherwise the messages in the thread that refer to the original message become stale.
    >
    > >

Yeah, I couldn't think of the correct word, but "revising" is what I had in mind :)