Discussions

TSS feedback: New Site Buggy

1. New Site Buggy (2 messages)

Hello,

first I wanted to change my e-mail address but I saw no possibility to do so.

So I thought by myself that I should maybe make a new account.

I entered all requested infos and got a verification e-mail.

I visited the link for verification an the webpage looked a little blank.
    There was nothing like "You registered succesfully" or similar message.
    Hmmm, I thought by myself that maybe it has worked and maybe now I have the possibility to login.

So I entered my NEW login details and got following message:

<errormessage>

Compilation of '/home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java' failed:
    /home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:88: cannot resolve symbol
    probably occurred due to an error in /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp line 23:
    PortalUtil pu = PortalUtil.GetPortalUtil(Session);

/home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:88: cannot resolve symbol
    probably occurred due to an error in /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp line 23:

/home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:90: cannot resolve symbol
    probably occurred due to an error in /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp line 25:
    LoginStatusBean lsb = pu.GetLoginStatusBean();

/home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:91: cannot resolve symbol
    probably occurred due to an error in /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp line 26:
    UseCaseResultsBean ucrb = pu.GetUseCaseResultsBean();

/home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:101: cannot resolve symbol
    probably occurred due to an error in /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp line 40:
    String reason = lsb.NotVerifiedReason;

/home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:106: cannot resolve symbol
    probably occurred due to an error in /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp line 44:
    </p>

Full compiler error(s):

symbol : class PortalUtil
    location: class jsp_servlet._user._components.__loginnotverified
                PortalUtil pu = PortalUtil.GetPortalUtil(Session); //[ /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp; Line: 23]
                ^
    symbol : variable Session
                PortalUtil pu = PortalUtil.GetPortalUtil(Session); //[ /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp; Line: 23]
                                                         ^
    symbol : variable PortalUtil
                                ^
    /home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:90: cannot resolve symbol
    symbol : class LoginStatusBean
                LoginStatusBean lsb = pu.GetLoginStatusBean(); //[ /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp; Line: 25]
                ^
    /home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:91: cannot resolve symbol
    symbol : class UseCaseResultsBean
                UseCaseResultsBean ucrb = pu.GetUseCaseResultsBean(); //[ /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp; Line: 26]
                ^
    /home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:101: cannot resolve symbol
    symbol : method Equals (java.lang.String)
                if (reason != null && !reason.Equals("")) { //[ /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp; Line: 40]
                                             ^
    /home/NEWTSS/TheServerSide/config/weblogic/TSSDomain/adminServer/.wlnotdelete/_appsdir_portal_dir_portal-web_2363858/jsp_servlet/_user/_components/__loginnotverified.java:106: cannot resolve symbol
    symbol : method IndexOf (java.lang.String)
                    if (reason.IndexOf("The email address given is not a valid email") == -1) { //[ /user/components/loginnotverified.jsp; Line: 44]
                              ^
    7 errors

</errormessage>

So, I thought to post the error message because it looks like nobody looks at the server error logs.

Attention: this critic is meant in a positive way and my bad english comes from the fact that I am not a native english speaker.

It would be nice to fix the erros.

Regards,
    Walter.

Threaded Messages (2)

2. New Site Buggy[ Go to top ]

Addendum:

To post the initial message I had to add a input text field with the name summary because the forum wanted from me to state a summary but there was not text field to fill in a summary.

Please fix also this problem.

Regards,
    Walter
  3. New Site Buggy[ Go to top ]

Thanks Walter for bringing this issue to our attention. We have fixed the problem now. You should have no problems posting a discussion item.

Cheers!
    Neven.

http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.jsp?thread_id=23306