Share data between apps

Discussions

EJB design: Share data between apps

1. Share data between apps (3 messages)

Hi,

I have several applications in the same server (Weblogic 8.1) and i need to share user data (stored in session) between them. As far as i know, session objects cannot be accessed from another app, so i need some help with this.

I've heard of three possibilities, but i have found nothing about them, so i don't even know if they would work. This possibilities are:

- Use a cache manager, accesible from every app (how?)
    - Store objects in a JNDI tree
    - Use an entity EJB (are they shared?)

Ani idea? Thanks :)

Keko

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Share data between apps[ Go to top ]

Using a cache manger like oscache you can write the session objects to the cache using a key and then in the other app use the same cache and obtain the values from the cache using the key

when the user swaps over to the other app pass the username to the new app and use that for the cache key and then store the session etc etc

> Hi,
    >
    > I have several applications in the same server (Weblogic 8.1) and i need to share user data (stored in session) between them. As far as i know, session objects cannot be accessed from another app, so i need some help with this.
    >
    > I've heard of three possibilities, but i have found nothing about them, so i don't even know if they would work. This possibilities are:
    >
    > - Use a cache manager, accesible from every app (how?)
    > - Store objects in a JNDI tree
    > - Use an entity EJB (are they shared?)
    >
    > Ani idea? Thanks :)
    >
    > Keko
  3. Share data between apps with a cache[ Go to top ]

Hi Eneko,

I believe that WebLogic specifically discourages the storing/sharing of objects using the JNDI tree.

If you go with the "cache manager" option I would suggest taking a look at Coherence. Coherence allows for the caching of objects in a clustered environment in a synchronous and concurrent manner.

Later,
    Rob Misek
    Tangosol Coherence: Cluster your Work. Work your Cluster.
    Coherence Forums.
  4. Thanks[ Go to top ]

First of all, i wanna thank you for replying so fast...

> I believe that WebLogic specifically discourages the storing/sharing of
    > objects using the JNDI tree.

Yes, i've heard this but i don't really know why... I don't need to store too much info, so using the JNDI tree doesn't look so bad... Anyway, if WebLogic discourages it ...

Anyway, I'll try both Tangosol and OSCache and let you know if i need more help with this issue

Thanks again :-D

Keko