Datamata SQL Portal - DB management tool for developers

News: Datamata SQL Portal - DB management tool for developers

1. Datamata SQL Portal is a J2EE server side product. It provides easy to use, secure SQL access to all project databases for all project members from a single web location.

Datamata SQL Portal allows managing data over the web. It is free for light use with 2 concurrent connections. However, the true value of the product is realized when providing SQL access to dozens of databases, for dozens of users in an enterprise environment.

See for more details.

Threaded Messages (6)

2. nice![ Go to top ]

Unlike a number of other war-files I've downloaded, it actually installs and just works (Tomcat/Oracle 9i). Drivers included for a (small) number of common databases. Easy configuration. Compilation of all jsp-pages is done during installation/configuration and takes some time. I even got a couple of errors (jdk 1.3.1/tomcat 4.1.24), but they didn't seem to affect normal functionality.
  3. and what about dba operations?[ Go to top ]

...such as creating views, editing table structure, indexes, etc...? Does anyone know of applications providing those features (something like mysqladmin but cross-database)?
    However, it seems useful and enough "free" to be used in real world/low budget situations.
  4. and what about dba operations?[ Go to top ]

sorry, I meant phpmyadmin, not mysqladmin
  5. I was about to install phpmyadmin to achieve simple database administration but was hoping to find something that I could drop into Tomcat which would do much the same thing. This seems like it will fit the bill. I did, at one point, get an error saying I had exceeded my connection limit of 2, though I don't see how it was possible given the context... possibly something I did, couldn't repeat it.

Anyway, looks very good. Upon initial inspection, 1 feature I would like to see ala phpmyadmin is the ability to import a file and execute it.

6. Some clarifications[ Go to top ]

Thanks for the comments; I think some clarifications have to be made:

* The product does not come with JDBC drivers. People who try it already have drivers installed on their servers and this is why it works right away.

* DBA wise the product is definitely not very friendly, though it is possible to drop/create tables/view from the SQL pad. All core SQL should work.

* There were several problems reported regarding occasionally running out of user connections after the initial setup, though it works most of the time. The latest build of 10-FEB has fixed this issue. We apologize.

* It is possible to open (upload) a file into SQL Pad. Individual SQL commands can be separated by a semicolon. Well, this makes it a script to execute; though, it would not do well with 100K of code. I agree, there should be a more robust script execution setup.
  7. DB Cruiser is a web database access tool with reporting and bulk data loading functionality. It allows you to access SQL databases from your web browsers; to explore information about databases; to view and manipulate data, including CLOB (Character Large Object) and BLOB (Binary Large Object); to generate reports; and to load bulk data into tables, etc.
    Here are two screen shots:

DB Cruiser is by MathThinking Technologies, Inc. (