XML Transport and B2B

Discussions

XML & Web services: XML Transport and B2B

1. XML Transport and B2B (4 messages)

Hi All:
    I am involved in a B2B project where one of the components of the project involves transferring XML documents exchange between two companies.

The obvious choice is to transport the XML documents over https. I am interested in looking at real world implementation how this was done.

1) I am interested as to how people are doing this with security on. (e.g authentication/authorization and session time outs).
    2) How do I upload the XML files to the second site.
    3) How do I "pull" the XML files from the second site.
    4) Where do vendors like webMethods fit into the architecture?

I am using XML/Java/Servlet on my side, but cannot mandate this on everysite that wants to do business with my site.

I would like to start a discussion in best practices and advice, war stories :-), things to avoid on B2B/XML communications.

Thanks very much in advance.
    -Regards,
     Sunil .K

Threaded Messages (4)

2. XML Transport and B2B[ Go to top ]

Hi ,
       I think you are on the right track.

Regards

3. XML Transport and B2B[ Go to top ]

You should also consider some of the B2B products out there. I am solving a very similar problem using webMethods B2B Enterprise Server software which provides capability for doing HTTPS between two webMethods servers with "guaranteed delivery" and other similar features.
  4. XML Transport and B2B[ Go to top ]

Hi Sunil,

Have you got the solution to this? I'm facing the same problem as you. Can you share the answers below? Thanks.

Regards,
    Alvin
  5. XML Transport and B2B[ Go to top ]

Just to kick-off this discussion again!!! I'm facing the same problem and would like to get some answers.