Discussions

News: Performance Testing your Distributed J2EE Applications

1. In this article, Frank Teti describes a reusable mechanism for capturing application-bound, performance statistics for highly distributed J2EE applications. He examines the design and edits required to collect basic instrumentation/timing estimates for a sample Internet Order Entry Application distributed across a 5-tier architecture.

Read Designing Performance Testing Metrics into Highly Distributed J2EE Applications

Threaded Messages (5)

2. It would be interesting to see same hardware configuration with Linux.

All fine with results, but with all those windows code floating around on the internet, i think that does not creates a much interest :)
  3. Nice to see good technical content. Appreciate the details.
  4. interesting approach[ Go to top ]

interesting approach... should be extended for how you can do web client through business and integration tiers performance testing, though. But I guess that would involve significant refactoring the HTML client side (JSP or XSLT process).

Also, not sure if Candle really has a tool that could reproduce the instrumentation functionality you designed for here.

Like the UML stuff. Good to see people actually use that stuff

Lastly, the JMS compliance of Seebeyond with respect to the have JMS messages has the product been upgraded to support message type?

jb
  5. JMS compliance[ Go to top ]

actually this model was designed and used well over a year ago. I would think that the vendor would probably be completly compliant by now.

As far as Candle, I have all the respect in the world for that venerable vendor of system management software -- but they are expensive.

be cool, Frank
  6. Bit behind the curve here, but...[ Go to top ]

...System.currentTimeMillis() will limit your testing; you'll have to change the system clock to simulate timing issues.