Learning EJBs, what EJB container?

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Learning EJBs, what EJB container?

1. Learning EJBs, what EJB container? (3 messages)

Hi all,

I'm reading Mastering Enterprise EJBs to get some experience with EJBs. Does anyone have any recommendations on what application server / ejb container would be good to use along with the book to learn about EJBs? I'm looking for something that is easy to setup and will let me get "right into" EJB stuff w/o too much wasted overhead.

Thanks
  2. Learning EJBs, what EJB container?[ Go to top ]

I suggest the reference implementation (which also has a fair number of tutorials). Failing that, I suggest you get a trial version of one of the major commercial servers.
  3. Learning EJBs, what EJB container?[ Go to top ]

I have WebSphere 5 installed on a linux box. I was hoping to learn how to use that. I find myself spending a lot more time trying to figure out how to deploy the simple EJB as described in Chapter 3 of Roman's book than I am actually working w/ EJBs.

Does anyone have any tips to getting an ejb deployed in WebSphere? Do I need to deploy a full web application?

Thanks,
  4. Learning EJBs, what EJB container?[ Go to top ]

Since, you are using WAS, I would suggest you take a look at IBM's developer site. http://www-136.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/. It has extensive information - including tutorials, articles that would help you get started seamlessly.