Apache JMeter 2.0 Released

Discussions

News: Apache JMeter 2.0 Released

1. Apache JMeter 2.0 Released (14 messages)

Apache JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance. It was originally designed for testing Web Applications but has since expanded to other test functions.

Features
    • HTML parsing improved; now has choice of 3 parsers, and most embedded elements can now be detected and downloaded.
    • Redirects can now be delegated to URLConnection by defining the JMeter property HTTPSamper.delegateRedirects=true (default is false)
    • Stop Thread and Stop Test methods added for Samplers and Assertions etc. Samplers can call setStopThread(true) or setStopTest(true) if they detect an error that needs to stop the thread of the test after the sample has been processed
    • Thread Group Gui now has an extra pane to specify what happens after a Sampler error: Continue (as now), Stop Thread or Stop Test.
          This needs to be extended to a lower level at some stage.
    • Added Shutdown to Run Menu. This is the same as Stop except that it lets the Threads finish normally (i.e. after the next sample has been completed)
    • Remote samples can be cached until the end of a test by defining the property hold_samples=true when running the server.
      More work is needed to be able to control this from the GUI
    • Proxy server has option to skip recording browser headers
    • Proxy restart works better (stop waits for daemon to finish)
    • Scheduler ignores start if it has already passed
    • Scheduler now has delay function
    • added Summariser test element (mainly for non-GUI) testing. This prints summary statistics to System.out and/or the log file every so oftem (3 minutes by default). Multiple summarisers can be used; samples are accumulated by summariser name.
    • Extra Proxy Server options:
      Create all samplers with keep-alive disabled
      Add Separator markers between sets of samples
      Add Response Assertion to first sampler in each set
    • Test Plan has a comment field
    • Help Page can now be pushed to background
    • Separate Function help page
    • New / amended functions

• __property() and __P() functions
      • __log() and __logn() - for writing to the log file
      • _StringFromFile can now process a sequence of files, e.g. dir/file01.txt, dir/file02.txt etc
      • _StringFromFile() funtion can now use a variable or function for the file name
    • New / amended Assertions
      • Response Assertion now works for URLs, and it handles null data better
      • Response Assertion can now match on Response Code and Response message as well
      • HTML Assertion using JTidy to check for well-formed HTML
    • If Controller (not fully functional yet)
    • Transaction Controller (aggregates the times of its children)
    • New Samplers
      • Basic BSF Sampler (optional)
      • BeanShell Sampler (optional, needs to be downloaded from www.beanshell.org
      • Basic TCP Sampler
    • Optionally start BeanShell server (allows remote access to JMeter variables and methods)
    Read: JMeter 2.0 Announcement

Apache JMeter home page

Threaded Messages (14)

2. Another notable new feature...[ Go to top ]

... is the server monitor. See http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-monitor-test-plan.html.

JMeter is great.
  3. Apache JMeter 2.0 Released[ Go to top ]

suppose i have a web application which has say 4 forms to be filled on 4 different pages, how do i feed in a test data fro all thses 4 pages and start load test on this application.
    ( for example say you are applying for a credit card and the form generally involves say 4 diff web pages ). I havent seen a good book on JMeter yet and want to know if there is any other than the web site notes.
    Thanks
  4. introduction to JMeter[ Go to top ]

I posted a new blog with an introduction to jmeter.
    http://woolfel.blogspot.com/. I hope new users find it useful.
  5. Have you read the user manual?[ Go to top ]

Did you read the user manual and go through the step-by-step instructions? If it was unclear, please post a bugzilla entry, so with a suggestion or correction so we can improve the docs. I plan to write a blog entry explaining how to create a test plan for "hypothetical checkout application". I just posted a new entry about the nature of docs http://woolfel.blogspot.com/
  6. Open source test tools are thriving[ Go to top ]

It's really great to see JMeter thriving. It seems to me that the project turned some sort of corner about 6 months ago. I subscribe to the JMeter CVS check-in notifications email list. About 6 months ago the number of check-ins rose greatly. It's really cool to see a major new version of JMeter. Congratulations JMeter team!

-Frank Cohen
    www.pushtotest.com
    Author of "Java Testing and Design: From Unit Testing to Automated Web Tests" from Prentice Hall, details at http://thebook.pushtotest.com
  7. JMeter JAVA Protocol test .[ Go to top ]

I am tring to load test my EJBs in applicaiton, JMeter provides a java sampler but not much document for it, wonder anyone had any experience with this ?
  8. I am on the same boat[ Go to top ]

I am tring to load test my EJBs in applicaiton, JMeter provides a java sampler but not much document for it, wonder anyone had any experience with this ?

I am on the same boat and trying to load test my java components. But I am unable to find enough document to do so. Can any one help me on this ?

Tony, Did you get something useful. Please share me if it is so.
  9. EJB Sampler for JMeter[ Go to top ]

Did you find a EJB Sampler for JMeter, or make one?
    If so please let me know.
  10. non exists at the moment[ Go to top ]

currently there isn't one. I started to work on one, but I got side tracked. My initial approach, which I started was to use ejb local for the sampler. If you want to write one, I'll gladly assist.

peter
  11. Jmeter Help[ Go to top ]

Hi all. I now currently working at Jmeter for load testing .Probelms i have is that when i records using proxy server( the setting is correct ) for a betting site , placing bets , the data did not not change. Example-When i run the recorded script, it did not actually do the betting but only test the functionailty of the website.
    Question : Can Jmeter do the data processing ? Or it is only use for testing ?? If any one know how to do a actual betting when u run a recored script can pls tell me ..... thanks
  12. please post the question to jmeter-user[ Go to top ]

Hi all. I now currently working at Jmeter for load testing .Probelms i have is that when i records using proxy server( the setting is correct ) for a betting site , placing bets , the data did not not change. Example-When i run the recorded script, it did not actually do the betting but only test the functionailty of the website. Question : Can Jmeter do the data processing ? Or it is only use for testing ?? If any one know how to do a actual betting when u run a recored script can pls tell me ..... thanks

please post this message to jmeter-user. I will try to respond the best that I can. thanks

peter
  13. EJB Sampler[ Go to top ]

Hi Peter

Is there still no EJB Sampler for JMeter or somebady has created one meanwhile? I should test my EJBs so I either need an EJB Sampler or someone should explain me how to test EJBs with the JavaSampler.
    Could you help me?
    Thanx in advance
    Levente
  14. EJB Sampler[ Go to top ]

Hi PeterIs there still no EJB Sampler for JMeter or somebady has created one meanwhile? I should test my EJBs so I either need an EJB Sampler or someone should explain me how to test EJBs with the JavaSampler.Could you help me?Thanx in advanceLevente

please post the question to jmeter-user mailing list. I started to work on a EJB sampler, but I didn't get very far. It may be feasible to use the JavaSampler, assuming you have a class that uses the local interface.

peter
  15. Help on EJB Sampler[ Go to top ]

Hi, Can u please assist for writing one. What should be our initial approach. Can we straightly write EJB Sampler for stateless session bean instead of going for ejb local ponds