Discussions

News: TSS Book Chapter: Flex Integration with J2EE

1. TSS Book Chapter: Flex Integration with J2EE (8 messages)

Flex Integration with J2EE, excerpted from the book 'Developing Rich Clients with Macromedia Flex', by Steven Webster and Alistair McLeod, looks at the data service features of Macromedia Flex and the MXML markup language that allow business logic deployed within a J2EE application server to be integrated with a rich-client interface delivered to the browser using MXML markup.

Read Flex Integration with J2EE

Threaded Messages (8)

2. Flex coders...[ Go to top ]

If you are interested in Flex, join the FlexCoders mailing list:

http://www.flexcoders.org/
  3. I watched the Flex presentations, and it seems to be pretty cool stuff. I would really like to create some rich clients using Flex.

Too bad it ain't free/open source...

"Flex presentation server pricing starts at $12,000 for two CPUs and includes annual maintenance."
  4. Does anybody know how long can I use the trial version before it expires?
    I hope it is not 2/3 weeks only...

Thanks,
    Godfrey
  5. Trial length[ Go to top ]

Does anybody know how long can I use the trial version before it expires?I hope it is not 2/3 weeks only...Thanks,Godfrey
    The full-blown trial lasts 60 days and then it reverts to the developer edition. Developer edition limits the number of IPs that can view your MXML files and also times out any SWF that you compiled using the standalone compiler after 1 day.

Matt
  6. Trial length[ Go to top ]

Matt,

My trial expired and I'm aware that the developer edition is then limited to a number IP addresses as you messgae says. However I have found no documentation explaining how to set these IP addreses.

Regards

Antony
  7. just orderd a copy of the flex trial cd
  8. IBM, Flex, Websphere Studio[ Go to top ]

IBM has a Flex plugin for Websphere Studio:

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/wsadflex
  9. Drawing using flex[ Go to top ]

Does anyone know of examples or code samples of shape drawing and line drawing in flex. I am currently doing a project for circuit drawing