Featured Article: PicoContainer Bsh Configuration

Discussions

News: Featured Article: PicoContainer Bsh Configuration

1. Alex Winston has written about his travels into the world of IoC containers, AOP frameworks, and MVC systems. He discusses his findings with configuration using Bsh versus XML.

Excerpt
    i have spent quite a bit of time lately exploring various aop, ioc, and mvc frameworks and the one thing that seems to plague them all is the insidious desire to wire everything together with xml. i will not make an argument against xml for configuration, because it is a trite endeavour, and instead attempt to outline the benefits of using a scripting language such as bsh.

fortunately dynaop and picocontainer both provide bsh integration so i will attempt to outline my findings, which will be the foundation for my next article addressing mvc frameworks.

i have found dependency injection and picocontainer in particular quite ingenious, but found hardcoding the wiring of pico components rather undesirable. nanocontainer to the rescue. nanocontainer provides a thin wrapper around bsh which provides the ability to wire components through a bsh script.

before i delve into the specifics of bsh configuration i will outline the obligatory Foo and Bar components that will be used to test the bsh configuration.
    Read Alex Winston in PicoContainer Bsh Configuration
  2. Did this article go through toLowerCase() by mistake?

Doesn't seem so because apparently "Foo" and "Bar" escaped.
  3. Foo and Bar[ Go to top ]

Blogs are not subject to the usual rules of grammar. Also, Foo and Bar are not subject to the usual rules of grammar.
  4. Alex Winston has written about his travels into the world of IoC containers, AOP frameworks, and MVC systems. He discusses his findings with configuration using Bsh versus XML.Excerpt
    i have spent quite a bit of time lately exploring various aop, ioc, and mvc frameworks and the one thing that seems to plague them all is the insidious desire to wire everything together with xml. i will not make an argument against xml for configuration, because it is a trite endeavour, and instead attempt to outline the benefits of using a scripting language such as bsh.fortunately dynaop and picocontainer both provide bsh integration so i will attempt to outline my findings, which will be the foundation for my next article addressing mvc frameworks.i have found dependency injection and picocontainer in particular quite ingenious, but found hardcoding the wiring of pico components rather undesirable. nanocontainer to the rescue. nanocontainer provides a thin wrapper around bsh which provides the ability to wire components through a bsh script.before i delve into the specifics of bsh configuration i will outline the obligatory Foo and Bar components that will be used to test the bsh configuration.
    Read Alex Winston in PicoContainer Bsh Configuration