Discussions

News: Apache Jetspeed 1.5 Released

1. Apache Jetspeed 1.5 Released (3 messages)

The Apache Jetspeed development team has released the latest version of the Jetspeed Portal Server, version 1.5. Jetspeed has become a part of the Apache Portals project.

New Features

• Jetspeed becomes a part of the Apache Portals project http://portals.apache.org/
    •  
    • Build converted to Maven. Ant build deprecated.
    •  
    • Security refactored to allow assigning roles within groups
    •  
    • Jetspeed 1.5 Tutorial moved off of Bluesunrise and converted to Maven documentation format.
    •  
    • Jetspeed Maven Plugin for creating and working with Jetspeed-based projects
    •  
    • Jetspeed site converted to use Maven, and moved to http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/
    •  
    • Email Portlet
    •  
    • Redirect Portlet
    •  
    • Enhanced portlet filtering on the layout customizer
    •  
    • New skins and updated look and feel of the default portal
    •  
    • Portlets and decorators (controls) can now be completely hidden if user doesn't have secure access to the portlet.
    •  
    • GenericMVC portlet now can render in parallel with other portlets on the same page
    •  
    • Added filtering on portlet registry browser
    •  
    • Drag and drop controller for the layout designer

•  
    • Upgrade to Torque 3.1 and Torque Plugin
    Read more Apache Jetspeed 1.5 Released

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Torque[ Go to top ]

I there a Torqueless version of Jetspeed? I need to use the login module as adapted to Hibernate
    Faisal
  3. JSR 168?[ Go to top ]

Anyone have any information on the Jetspeed's adherence to JSR 168? From first glance it appears that Jetspeed 2 will be, but I was just curious as to Jetspeed 1.x.
  4. JSR 168 Support in 1.6[ Go to top ]

Jetspeed 1.6 will support JSR 168 portlets.
    Hope to have the 1.6 release out in September 2004, or you can try it out now from CVS head.