Communication Protocols Choices

Discussions

XML & Web services: Communication Protocols Choices

1. Communication Protocols Choices (3 messages)

I understand HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST are the protocol that allows web pages to communicate.

However, I have heard that there are XML-based protocols that I don't quite familar. I think SOAP (= XML RPC) is used for XML Web Services?

But how about XML-GET, XML-POST? Are they alternatives to traditional HTTP protocols?

If anyone knows them well, or know some good pointers, please advise. Thanks!!
  2. Communication Protocols Choices[ Go to top ]

Please read at least the intro. parts of the SOAP specifications at http://www.w3.org/TR/soap/. It is no way near to what you think, if I derive info. from your email properly. There is only HTTP GET and POST, but XML gets embedded inside !
  3. Communication Protocols Choices[ Go to top ]

so u mean XML-GET and XML-POST doesn't exist? I saw it in the job post, thats why I am curious about that...
  4. Communication Protocols Choices[ Go to top ]

GET and POST are two methods on HTTP protocol. XML is *NOT* a protocol. It DOES NOT and CANNOT have GET / POST. Hope it is clear. Curious to know which job posting is that, better be careful about those guys :-). Not funnier than what I saw yesterday on another job ad. 15 years experience in Windows CE!! I dobt even the Windows CE project team will have it :-)) It is not even half as old :-))