Discussions

News: XMLBeans: BEA gets the message out

1. XMLBeans: BEA gets the message out (3 messages)

Apache XMLBeans are certainly a cool technology. Version 2.0 is in the works, and BEA is trying to get the word out on the technology. They released four technical articles on various parts and pieces.

XML Processing with Java Object Technology
    Scott Ryan looks at two of the more popular frameworks used to turn XML input into Java objects and Java objects into XML.
    Strongly Typed XML in Java with XMLBeans
    Cezar Cristian Andrei presents how XML documents can be manipulated in Java applications in a strongly typed fashion.
    Leveraging Complex Schema Features in Java the XMLBeans Way
    Raj Alagumalai and Raju Subramanian discuss how XMLBeans handles some schema types, how it provides access to the entire XML infoset, and how it provides access to the schema object model.
    Using XMLBeans in Web Service Clients and User Interfaces
    Steve Hanson shows how to create and use XMLBeans in a Web service client and then leverages their capabilities in an actual client for the Google Web service.
  2. The first article mentions that there were no binaries available from Apache "At the writing of this article..." because it's in the incubator stage. It's still in the incubator, but the binaries are now available.

http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/sourceAndBinaries/index.html
  3. Ahh yes...yet another XML solution looking for a problem.
  4. Ahh yes...yet another XML solution looking for a problem.
    I disagree. I've used these in the Weblogic suite and I think they are very cool. Rather than being an XML solution I would say they are a solution to dealing with XML.