Athena is a service that allows your databases and other non-RDBMS datasources to participate in Jini distributed transactions.
It is designed to be a universal service front-end with a pluggable host connection to any datasource
Athena 0.9c features:
* Connection Pooling and Leased Connections
* Refactoring - Refactored to the org.jini.projects namespace
* Dependencies - Removed dependency on JWSDP (specifically JAXB).
* Jini 2.0 compatability - Uses exporters and configurations (as yet, no JAAS support - scheduled for 0.91)
* Connects - comes supplied with both JDBC and Oracle-specific connects
* ServiceUI - enhanced ServiceUI, including handler, type and dialect viewing, and DataGrid support (you can send your SQL through to athena, from the serviceUI and see it displayed in a grid)
* Documentation - more getting started info.Thor
Thor is a service borne out of an administrative need: centralised configuration for distributed applications.
Thor's main principal is that the idea of a repository to hold information for applications and users is a good one, but that the centralisation and localisation of such a repository around a single machine produces obstacles when using it in a network.
Thor- in view of changes since 0.9c release:
* Import and Export to XML of branches
* Fixed bug regarding storage of branches on data changes
* Preliminary support for storage of branches to a JavaSpace - will be fully compatible in 1.0 final
As always feedback is welcome