JSP with Tomcat and APACHE.

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: JSP with Tomcat and APACHE.

1. JSP with Tomcat and APACHE. (4 messages)

Hi

I want to run JSP's on APACHE.

I already have APACHE on my machine. So in order to run JSP's on Apache ,I have downloaded Jakarta-Tomcat3.2. As per the setup documentation I have set the enviornmental variables as follows.

c:\> set CLASSPATH=c:\JDK12`1.2\LIB\TOOLS.JAR
           set TOMCAT_HOME=c:\ MYTOMCAT\TOMCAT-3.2
           set ANT_HOME=c:\ MYOMCAT\TOMCAT-3.2

When I run the startup.bat the dos window is displaying bad command or file name.
    Also the JSP wrox does not give minute details configuring the APACHE + TOMCAT.

As I am new to all this can anyone please explain , why do I need the Mod_Jserve ..?
    Friends please tell me as to where am I going wrong and what needs to be rectified.

VIJAY KHANNA

Threaded Messages (4)

2. JSP with Tomcat and APACHE.[ Go to top ]

vijay,

please check your

set ANT_HOME=c:\ MYOMCAT\TOMCAT-3.2

u have forgotten to add T in MYTOMCAT.correct it. then it should be fine.

Prasath
  3. Also strictly speaking they have included some portion of the JServ into the TOMCAT, though it is not fully JServ as apache claims. Try that option if not please install it once again, then it should be fine.

Prasath
    bp8475@sbc.com
  4. JSP with Tomcat and APACHE.[ Go to top ]

Hi prasath

I have typed the correctly in the autoexec file.
    Actually it was an error while setting the question.SORRY for that.

Besides this can u please tell me as to what exactly needs to be done to start tomcat.Do I need to key the JSDK to the auto.... file.?

PLease reply soon.
    I am waiting. vijay
  5. JSP with Tomcat and APACHE.[ Go to top ]

Well if you just install Tomcat. Just intall it in your root directory, becuase that is must. Also set only the environment variable to c:\jdk and run tomcat. It will run fine.