Discussions

General J2EE: J2EE Framework Best of Breed Help

1. J2EE Framework Best of Breed Help (2 messages)

Hi all,
    Let me declare first that I'm no J2EE expert and still consider myself as an adolescent in this area. I have worked on quite a few J2EE projects and noticed that each time, my team is following their own way/template of developing code. Also there is quite a substantial amount of code reproduction. My post here is regarding creating a framework/factory of components that can be reused as I go along projects.

I wish standardize the development approach, by using a framework that all developers will use to write apps. I know there are Struts, Velocity, Torque and many more. I want to keep this simple and stupid. Can the J2EE gurus out there help me here and also give me your valuable experience on how you used, a framework for JDBC, JMS, Web
    (Servlets, JSP) and EJB.

Can I choose the best of breed frameworks and if so how?

Thanks a ton for all replying and helping me.
  2. There are so many products out there that claim to be J2EE frameworks. And Swami I understand the frustration of the lack of reuse withing an organization! If I where tasked to do this I would:

1) Get all the team leads together and discuss the benifits of what you are trying to do. Get them on the same page as you are on.
    2) Get them to decide on the "fameworks" and tools to standardize on.
    3) Come up with a plan on exactly how you are going to accomplish consolidating your appoach to development.

Good luck.
    Can I choose the best of breed frameworks and if so how?
    In order to choose the best... you will have to rely on the employees i mentioned above as your team leads. If I where asked which fameworks to use, I would say springframewrk should be our "framework". And then decide which other products to add to our components/services.
  3. hi. my name is mehdi mousavi.I `m J2ee Architecture.I deploy sevral J2ee project with jsf and struts. I want to give you new powerful j2ee framework toname shine. when I searching for a powerful j2ee frame work fore use insted of struts and jsf, I see a document about a j2ee frame work with name shine framework. when I see a simple helloword sample with it, I think I find apowerful framework fore replace it insted of shine. but I can not trust it in that time.because it`s new and I I can not finde more document about it.but after 1 week when I searchin about shine I see sevral document about shine that writen with shine framework`s support team. that is unblivable. when I read shine `s learning samples, and deploy thats sample,I enjoy. because wen I wok with it , I understand shine is wery power ful (as a sample when I work with ajax in shine, I understand working with ajax in shine is very easy,create a connection and work with data bases with jdbc and hibernate is easy and strong in shine and ...) my friend my discribtion is not show ,shine frame work`s power. you must test shine frameworks yourself and work with it for understand shine `s power. test it for one time and be shine framework`s user for always like me my friend. for finde documents about shine(shine`s learning document) visit this links: http://groups.google.com/group/j2sos or www.j2sos.org in technical forum and for download shine framework you must visit sourceforge.net in this link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/shine-app/ remembre you my friend.you are in my dept for this informathion. you must if you find a new j2ee framework in future , send your informathion about that for me,for release you from my dept . good luck and enjoy than shine framework.