Compilation Problem in Oracle Application Server (9.0.x)

Discussions

General J2EE: Compilation Problem in Oracle Application Server (9.0.x)

1. Hi All,

I have a JSP Page, with more than 200 controls, arranged in a tabs. When I try to run this file under Tomcat or JBoss, it runs fine. But when I run it in Oracle 9iAS (9.0.x), it fails to run. The difference is in the way the servlet is generated from the JSP file. In case of Tomcat and JBoss, the generated java file contains multiple methods for each component, so it runs fine. But in case of Oracle Application Server, the generated file has only one method _jspService, which contains all the code. Because of this, the JVM throws an error saying "code too large public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest request... ".

Can anyone help me on this issue? Do you know of any configuration setting for the compiler?

Thanks and Regards,
    Aniket.
  2. You can try to use (1) reduce_tag_code , set the value to true (2) tags_reuse_default, set the value to "compiletime"
    For documentation pls refer - http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B12314_01/web.904/b10320/getstart.htm#1005696
    Also, pls specify which version of Oracle9iAS you are using.

Another think to remember that the JDK version you use can make a big difference in the code size generated.
    What is the JDK version you are using. We have found JDK 1.4.2 generates lot less code when compared to JDK 1.4.1.

regards
    Debu