When i should EJB in my application

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: When i should EJB in my application

1. When i should EJB in my application (3 messages)

hi,
    i am thinking about to start learning EJB so that i am searching some good reason that why i should learn this technology.My question is for all of the java gurus if they have any links or any discussion on this topic then please give me some strong reason.

Thanks
    Ashish
  2. When i should EJB in my application[ Go to top ]

hi,i am thinking about to start learning EJB so that i am searching some good reason that why i should learn this technology.My question is for all of the java gurus if they have any links or any discussion on this topic then please give me some strong reason.Thanks Ashish
    yes, go ahead !

you will be able to participate in many cool EJB projects and will be able to create many wonderful things by yourself.

After all you will get better salary.

Maris
    SCJP SCWCD SCBCD
  3. When i should EJB in my application[ Go to top ]

Better salary, better job.. all that is part of the game.

Considering EJB's role in J2EE platform and you are into Enterprise application development then you can't escape (with a big NO) to the question - Can you develop EJB's ?. Because they are the heart of the system where the business process and data storage is happening. Moreover the most difficult things (if you try to develop) like transaction and security has been provided as in-build solution. You could all active this in a JSP/Servlet environment as well but you cant achieve what sun offer thru their Distributed component framework.

I think generally you would at some point of time end up (very badly) to learn some work on this area, If you foresee that then why not learn now. Unless you are truly a Web end developer.

-arun
  4. I would suggest you to read all about MVC(Model View Controller) Architecture and that will surely help you to identify the situations/importance/role of EJBs.