JXTA 2.3 released

Discussions

News: JXTA 2.3 released

1. JXTA 2.3 released (4 messages)

The JXTA team is pleased to announce the release of JXTA 2.3. The main features in this release include a refactored endpoint service for performance/scalability, enhanced PSE (Personal Security Enviroment) membership service, enhanced configuration -- NAT detection, and a refactored Rendezvous service.

Announcement to the community
    Community Members,

We are pleased to announce the availability of JXTA J2SE 2.3 "Jambalaya". A lot of progress has been made in this release and there is a lot to be excited about! The JXTA Jambalaya release provides significant functional enhancements of the JXTA J2SE platform, some important performance and scalability improvements, along with a number of important bug fixes. Please see for more information about what's new.

This release is designed to be API and protocol backwards compatible with other JXTA J2SE 2.x releases. This release is recommended for all JXTA users, developers and deployers.

The JXTA J2SE Release Team
    JXTA 2.3 download

JXTA home page

Threaded Messages (4)

2. downloads[ Go to top ]

I found the release at
    http://download.jxta.org/stablebuilds/index.html

BR,
    ~A
  3. JXTA 2.3 released[ Go to top ]

I'm curious.. is anybody using this for prototype or production systems? It seems like nice technology for a variety of environments.. The new features that have been added in recent versions really make this pretty powerful.

I'm especially curious about the security features, so see how to build these ad-hoc networks safely.. anybody?
  4. JXTA 2.3[ Go to top ]

Plenty of people are using 2.3. I can say that there are quite a few using it in pre release and now the official release.

JXTA has always had secure communications. There are a few more additional security features that can lock up the network even tighter, but these are more associated with access to the network as opposed to the application.

I would say that the more important improvements to JXTA are associated with speed of both connectivity and the load on peers. With each iteration JXTA has improved on both of these. Another new innovation this release is configuration which can be done almost automatically.
  5. JXTA 2.3[ Go to top ]

I would say that the more important improvements to JXTA are associated with speed of both connectivity and the load on peers.
    So now is JXTA more scalable than Jini?