Discussions

General J2EE: SCJP - Is it worth getting?

1. SCJP - Is it worth getting? (4 messages)

Hello all,

I was thinking of trying to get certified as SCJP and I was wondering if it holds any value within the industry or is it experience that counts.

I'd like to hear your ideas about the certification.

Thanks,
    Steve
  2. There will be a lot of weightage for SCJP in the market
  3. There will be a lot of weightage for SCJP in the market
    Trust me there amany SCJP people I know ho have scored fairly good but it makes them no good compared to other non-SCJP guys.In the interview rounds, what you know and are capable off, really makes the difference.In this growing IT market, SCJP or non SCJP IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE !!
  4. after 4 years[ Go to top ]

Hi, Vijay. Its very curious to see this post from you. In 2004 I was starting my carrer in development. And only now I am planning to have the SCJP. I dont know if things change or if in Brazil things are different. Completing 8 month working in India I am going for the SCJP exam. In Brazil it was quite hard to find a job without experience and without any certification. In one case I even start the interview. The guy ask: Do you have any certification? I said no and the guy: Ok so you can go home cause you dont serve for us. (Fernando Anselmo - DFJUG) He didn't ask about my experience and I think that this was wrong cause I was already doing my post graduation in Object Oriented Systems with Focus on J2EE Católica University of Brasília. So, in my opinion, sometimes a certification it makes some difference.
  5. YOU CAN CHECK http://www.techfaq360.com/reg.jsp mock exams that allow Exam Objectives section-wise tests ( All topics covered with explanations ).. This is best for SCJP Practice