Whizlabs launches SCWCD 1.4 Certification Exam Simulator

Discussions

News: Whizlabs launches SCWCD 1.4 Certification Exam Simulator

1. Whizlabs Software, a leading IT Certification Exam Solution provider has launched SCWCD 1.4 Exam Simulator for CX-310-081 certification.

The SCWCD 1.4 exam has additional new objectives such as Expression Language, JSTL, and Tag files that revamps the exam to test the new techniques introduced in JSP 2.0 and Servlets 2.4 specifications. The exam has been changed in terms of increased difficulty with new types of questions like Drag N Drop that tests your understanding of the concepts rather than the ability to memorize.

Whizlabs SCWCD 1.4 (J2EE Certification) Exam Simulator is authored by highly experienced and certified professional, and maps the actual pattern of the certification exam. Apart from 345 questions spread across 5 Mock Exams of varying difficulty levels and 150 questions in Quiz, the users also have the option to choose the number of questions, topics, and difficulty levels of the questions to create their own customized exam.

To enable users to focus their preparation on the specific areas, this exam simulator also has Tips N Tricks that give an insight into useful pointers to follow, and pitfalls to avoid. Not only this, every user is provided with Free Technical Mentoring and Unconditional Test PASS Guarantee throughout his/her preparation.

Gather detailed information about the exam atSCWCD details page on our site or download the trial version of Whizlabs SCWCD 1.4 Certification Exam Simulator.

You can also know more about the SCWCD 1.4 certification from the article titled “Learn how to succeed in SCWCD1.4 Certification Exam”.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Is this test still relevant??[ Go to top ]

This test appears to be comprised of a lot of outdated technology and doesn't test any of the real-world technologies: Struts, JSF, Spring, Hibernate, Tapestry, ...
    which people actually use.

Does it really make sense to have this certification?? I don't think so, but am always open to having my opinion changed. The only Sun certification that appears to be worthwhile to me is the base Java Certification. I have seen several job postings, where the employer indicated that prospects with Java Certification would be more highly considered.
  3. Is this test still relevant??[ Go to top ]

Although it can be more of a liability than an asset (depending on your audience), I took this certification several years ago when I was transferring my knowledge from MS to Java/J2EE. In my defense, my company at the time paid for all certifications and even gave bonuses for a few.

I'm not sure if the test has changed much but I don't think it is fair to say that it is based on outdated technologies. If you don't have a deep understanding of the core J2EE web apis; servlets, filters, jsps, contexts, sessions, taglibs, etc you will never fully understand technologies that build upon that base: Struts, JSF, etc.

But is the certification worth getting? Hard to say for sure but I doubt it. It may give you an edge on your resume, but most hiring managers just want x years experience in specialized technology y.

For instance 1 year of struts experience will beat out 3 years of Jsp/Servlet experience at a lot of companies. But I digress...

I did find that studying for the test made me learn a lot more of the apis than I've used in practice. But at least I have the information in the back of the toolbox in case it is ever needed.

Finally, if I remember correctly, the web test was a bit tricker than the standard java test. But I think that was because at the time there weren't as many good study guides availble.
  4. Is this test still relevant??[ Go to top ]

This test appears to be comprised of a lot of outdated technology and doesn't test any of the real-world technologies: Struts, JSF, Spring, Hibernate, Tapestry, ...which people actually use.Does it really make sense to have this certification?? I don't think so, but am always open to having my opinion changed. The only Sun certification that appears to be worthwhile to me is the base Java Certification. I have seen several job postings, where the employer indicated that prospects with Java Certification would be more highly considered.
    You may as well ask if any certification is relevant at all. Is Java certification really relevant given the current changes 1.4 - 1.5 ?. The Java cert test does not even cover Swing (bit of AWT instead), does not cover design patterns or recent crucial features such as NIO etc. Its also far too easy especially when compared to what you'll be exposed to int he real world. I would say that SCWCD was more valuable about 3 yrs ago when JSP, Servlets etc were taking off. To make this Cert valuable again, Sun could add a JSF to its objective, after all JSF provides lot of the functionality that the plethora of mostly convoluted frameworks (struts, tapestry, velocity etc) provide, and does so in a more simple and seamless manner.
  5. Is this test still relevant??[ Go to top ]

I would say that SCWCD was more valuable about 3 yrs ago when JSP, Servlets etc were taking off. To make this Cert valuable again, Sun could add a JSF to its objective, after all JSF provides lot of the functionality that the plethora of mostly convoluted frameworks (struts, tapestry, velocity etc) provide, and does so in a more simple and seamless manner.
    What value would JSF add to the exam? JSF is so convoluted that it's only really going to be useful from within a tool, and if you're using a tool to develop your JSF applications, the best you can do is test very general concepts, and that's only if vendors stick to calling the framework componenets by the same names in their IDEs. Testing JSF syntax would only further reduce the relevancy of the exam - at least right now, it tests some foundational concepts of web applications, even if they aren't all the latest and greatest.