what does SingleThreadModel has deprecated mean?

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: what does SingleThreadModel has deprecated mean?

1. the SingleThreadModel has deprecated in jdk1.4.what does this mean.
    let's say I have some jsp,servlet are not thread safe,if I mark it as SingleThreadModel,it will not working in jdk1.4?
  2. the SingleThreadModel has deprecated in jdk1.4.what does this mean.let's say I have some jsp,servlet are not thread safe,if I mark it as SingleThreadModel,it will not working in jdk1.4?
    Not exactly, deprication is an indication not to use the resource. The reason why that interface is depricated was, it doesn't solve the purpose completely. Static variables and context variables can be accessed by concurrent users even if you implement SingleThreadedModel interface.

Senthil.
  3. One entry found for deprecate.

Main Entry: dep·re·cate
    Pronunciation: 'de-pri-"kAt
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
    Etymology: Latin deprecatus, past participle of deprecari to avert by prayer, from de- + precari to pray -- more at PRAY
    1 a archaic : to pray against (as an evil) b : to seek to avert <deprecate the wrath ... of the Roman people -- Tobias Smollett>
    2 : to express disapproval of
    3 a : PLAY DOWN : make little of <speaks five languages ... but deprecates this facility -- Time> b : BELITTLE, DISPARAGE <the most reluctantly admired and least easily deprecated of ... novelists -- New Yorker>
    - dep·re·cat·ing·ly /-"kA-ti[ng]-lE/ adverb
    - dep·re·ca·tion /"de-pri-'kA-sh&n/ noun
  4. BTW, SingleThreadModal has been officially deprecated in Servlet 3.0 spec