eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin

Discussions

General J2EE: eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin

1. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin (10 messages)

hi

I have just installed eclipse 3.0 and am looking for a free j2ee plugin; that if possible could add most of the functionality WSAD5.0 currently offers. I know its a long shot, but what the heck.

Regards.
    Nigel.

Threaded Messages (10)

2. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin[ Go to top ]

I am using Lomboz for various jsp/ejb development and deployment stuff. Could try.

-arun
  3. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin[ Go to top ]

I think lomboz is bit slow.

Senthil.
  4. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin[ Go to top ]

Hi,
    I was trying Eclipse 3.0 release build + Lomboz 3.0 RC2, but it just doesn't work....

I can create project, but when I use some wizard (ejb, servlet), Lomboz always give me "Invalid thread access" error and an empty file got created. Finally the project can't depoly to AS.

Also many people crying about Eclipse can't see the Lomboz plugin, even uninstall and reinstall, just nothing.

I am not saying that Lomboz is crap because the lastest build is just RC2, and it never say it suppot Eclipse final build. Instead I love lomboz in my life of Eclipse 2.X.

So I try MyEclipse, it has a 30-days trial and after that, you need to subscribe for about US35. I download MyEclipse, install it, and it just done what I want in less than 5 minutes learning !!

MyEclipse is very very similiar to Lomboz and I bet u feel no problem if u familiar with lomboz

Just give it a try, it surely worth

Regards
  5. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin[ Go to top ]

MyEclipse from www.myeclipseide.com is great for J2EE.

Supports all the major app servers including Jboss, Weblogic and Websphere.
    Supports Struts, JSF and all the bean types.

Check the following link for more information http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-15.html
  6. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin[ Go to top ]

Thank you.

I tried Myeclipse, works like a dream. Does not have the fancy wizards and really cool xml, jsp and deploymentdescriptor editors that WSAD provides though.

Thanks anyway.
  7. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin[ Go to top ]

Do you have any plugin like myeclipse but it's open source or free? Thank you very much.
  8. Try SolarEclipse[ Go to top ]

There's another one too, called Solar Eclipse (http://solareclipse.sourceforge.net/). I'm not sure if it is compatible with Eclipse 3 yet, but definitely check it out!

Joe
  9. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin[ Go to top ]

Do you have any plugin like myeclipse but it's open source or free? Thank you very much.
    I think it is not free, you can use it for 30 days only.

Senthil.
  10. eclipse 3.0 j2ee plugin[ Go to top ]

Myeclipse is $30 so suppose it's not free but very close...
  11. Obviously, this is an older posting, but just in case someone finds it via search...

As others have stated, J2EE features you will find, especially since listing began in this thread, are the most diverse for the Eclipse platform. This even includes a new Matisse4MyEclipse feature that incorporates NetBeans' popular Matisse fetaure into the Eclipse environment.

If you need other help with AJAX, or Hibernate tools, this is the place to go. And being free for 30 days, you can check it all out risk free.