Discussions

News: AspectJ Development Tools (AJDT) 1.1.11 released

1. The AJDT team have released v1.1.11 which provides major enhancements to the AspectJ tool support in the Eclipse IDE.

For a full description of the release features, see the AJDT home page for download links and a full graphical overview of the new features in the "New and Noteworthy" document.

Features in the new release include:
    • Integration with Eclipse 3.0 style welcome pages for AJDT Help, programming guide etc.
    • Cheat sheets that guide you through common tasks
    • Improved format and editor for build configuration files
    • Simple inclusion and exclusion of files from build configurations via the Package Explorer
    • Much improved preferences and properties pages for all of the AspectJ 1.2 compiler options
    • Completely revised and improved icons in Outline View and editor gutter
    • Much more complete and accurate structure model information
    • Markers in the editor gutter now distinguish advice kinds and show inter-type declarations.
    • Full support for specifying inpath and aspectpath
    • Improved support for developing Eclipse plugins using AspectJ
    • New improved visualizer with open interfaces for extension
    • Full integration of ajdoc tool for generating javadoc-style documentation of aspectj source
    • You can now set breakpoints directly inside aspects and advice
  2. Congratulations to the AspectJ team. I downloaded it after checking Adrian's blog this morning, and so far it's looking like a big step forward. My biggest gripe was that having an AspectJ project seemed to slow down the whole of Eclipse. (Anyone else notice this, or was it just me?) Now that problem seems to have gone away.

Rod Johnson
    J2EE without EJB
    Spring Framework
  3. I am using with the eclipse command line, and it runs ok

-vmargs -Xms256m -Xmx512m