For a full description of the release features, see the AJDT home page for download links and a full graphical overview of the new features in the "New and Noteworthy" document.
Features in the new release include:
- Integration with Eclipse 3.0 style welcome pages for AJDT Help, programming guide etc.
- Cheat sheets that guide you through common tasks
- Improved format and editor for build configuration files
- Simple inclusion and exclusion of files from build configurations via the Package Explorer
- Much improved preferences and properties pages for all of the AspectJ 1.2 compiler options
- Completely revised and improved icons in Outline View and editor gutter
- Much more complete and accurate structure model information
- Markers in the editor gutter now distinguish advice kinds and show inter-type declarations.
- Full support for specifying inpath and aspectpath
- Improved support for developing Eclipse plugins using AspectJ
- New improved visualizer with open interfaces for extension
- Full integration of ajdoc tool for generating javadoc-style documentation of aspectj source
- You can now set breakpoints directly inside aspects and advice