Discussions

EJB design: Server Side Events`

1. Server Side Events` (3 messages)

We will be designing a system that will be based primarily on server side events. For example, receiving files by email or ftp, a change on a database table, or a time based event. We will also be generating files that need to be FTP or emailed out.

I'm looking for some components that will help us build a distributed scheduler that will handle these events. Ideally we would like to distribute these jobs to several machines and achieve both fault tolerance and load balancing.

Any suggestions?

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Server Side Events`[ Go to top ]

I will suggest U to visit www.visualmart.com
    as they have many Java component related to that field.
    also you may visit there application site
    www.visualapps.com
    Regards
    Durgaprasad
  3. Server Side Events`[ Go to top ]

Thanks. But these look like client side events. I'm looking for features to support server side programming.
  4. Server Side Events`[ Go to top ]

Hi Joseph,

As far as time-based events go, Flux can do what you want. Flux has full support for different kinds of time-based events. It's designed to work in clustered (distributed) J2EE apps as well as standalone, client-side apps. Load balancing is achieved by taking advantage of an app server's load balancing features. Fault tolerance (failover) is scheduled for a future Flux release.

It's been used successfully in financial and health care applications, to name a couple industries.

Anyway, complete info on Flux can be found at www.simscomputing.com/products/flux/

cheers,
    david