Implementor: Weblogic 7.0

I have defined a simple stateless EJB web service called
    Quote that simply returns a user defined type called
    QuoteResult.

my Bean´s Remote:

public interface Quote extends EJBObject
    {
      public QuoteResult getQuote() throws java.rmi.RemoteException;

public void setQuote(String strQuote, String strValor) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
    }

My problem is when I try and invoke the webservice passing in the wsdl to create the Service it complains that it can´t find the mapping
    of my defined type which is defined in the web-services.xml
    as:

<type-mapping>
          <type-mapping-entry deserializer="com.indra.webservice.QuoteResultCodec" class-name="com.indra.webservice.QuoteResult" xmlns:p1="java:com.indra.webservice" type="p1:QuoteResult" serializer="com.indra.webservice.QuoteResultCodec">
          </type-mapping-entry>
        </type-mapping>

My Code:

// Setup the global JAXM message factory
           System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory","weblogic.webservice.core.soap.MessageFactoryImpl");
          // Setup the global JAX-RPC service factory
          System.setProperty( "javax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory","weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.ServiceFactoryImpl");

try
          {
        // create service factory
        ServiceFactory factory = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
        // define qnames
        String targetNamespace = "http://www.indra.com/webservices/Quote";
        QName serviceName = new QName(targetNamespace,"QuoteService");
        QName portName = new QName(targetNamespace,"QuoteServicePort");
        QName operationName = new QName("urn:QuoteService", "getQuote");
        URL wsdlLocation = new URL("http://gmacariw2k:7001/webservice/QuoteService?WSDL");
        // create service
        Service service = factory.createService(wsdlLocation, serviceName);

/*
        TypeMappingRegistry objTypeMappingRegistry=service.getTypeMappingRegistry();
        TypeMapping mapNew = objTypeMappingRegistry.getTypeMapping("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/");
        //deserializer="com.indra.webservice.QuoteResultCodec" class-name="com.indra.webservice.QuoteResult" xmlns:p1="java:com.indra.webservice" type="p1:QuoteResult" serializer="com.indra.webservice.QuoteResultCodec"
        com.indra.webservice.QuoteResultCodec objQuoteResultCodec = new QuoteResultCodec();
        mapNew.register(Class.forName("com.indra.webservice.QuoteResult"),new QName("java:com.indra.webservice","QuoteResult"),objQuoteResultCodec,objQuoteResultCodec);
    */
        // create call
        Call call = service.createCall(portName, operationName);

// invoke the remote web service
        Object obj = call.invoke(null);
    }
    catch(Exception ex)
    {}

As you can see I have commented out the TypeMapping stuff as
    it makes no difference.

This is the error:

WARNINIG: Unable to find a javaType for the xmlType:['java:com.indra.webservice']:QuoteResult. Make sure that you have registered this xml type in the type mapping
    Using SOAPElement instead
    javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: failed to invoke operation. Error in the soap layer (jaxm); nested exception is: Message[failed to deserialize xml:weblogic.xml.schema.binding.DeserializationException: mapping lookup failure for xml type ['java:com.indra.webservice']:QuoteResult and java interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement]StackTrace[

When I use the stubs directly, it works fine:

QuoteService_Impl impl = new QuoteService_Impl("http://gmacariw2k:7001/webservice/QuoteService?WSDL");
            QuoteServicePort port = impl.getQuoteServicePort();

QuoteResult objQuoteResult = port.obtenerQuote();

I think what I am missing is the ability to "register" my
    Object QuoteResult as its serializers/deserializers with the
    TypeMappingRegistry but I can´t seem to find an example.

Thanks for reading!!!,

Gerardo
  2. Hi,
    I have run into same issue when I try to invoke a web service with JAX-RPC. Did you manage to find the solution? Please post the solution, if you know.

Thanks & Regards,
    Venkat