Discussions

Performance and scalability: 24 X 7 Weblogic Setup

1. 24 X 7 Weblogic Setup (1 messages)

I need to setup a 24 X 7 Weblogic setup having:

- A web farm consisting of 2 instances of WLS on 2 diff m/c hosting web app. components.
    - An App farm consisting of 2 instances of WLS on 2 diff m/c hosting app components.
    - a s/w load balancer(proxy)
    - Admin server on a diff machine, which monitors all the machines.

1. Are there any guidelines available for this kind of set up (in terms of any special configs/ basic lookout points/special configs. etc.).
    2. How to monitor the health of the setup so that it is highly available and the admin is forewarned and takes necessary actions to make it available 24 X 7.
    3. In case the system becomes unavailable, what all to be checked to determine the cause and take the corrective action.

I guess these are a very typical set of questions for any standard WL Clustered environment.

Would request the admins of such setup to englighten me on these aspects and any refernces (books, URLs) would be very helpful.

regds
  2. 24 X 7 Weblogic Setup[ Go to top ]

2. How to monitor the health of the setup so that it is highly available and the admin is forewarned and takes necessary actions to make it available 24 X 7.3. In case the system becomes unavailable, what all to be checked to determine the cause and take the corrective action.
    There are plenty of tools available to monitor clusters of J2EE application servers in production environments. To name a few, you may take a look to: Quest Foglight, Wily Introscope, Omegamon, etc.

Jose Ramon Huerga
    http://www.terra.es/personal/jrhuerga