JOT Servlets Demonstration

Discussions

News: JOT Servlets Demonstration

1. JOT Servlets Demonstration (10 messages)

JOT Object Technologies has installed a live JOT Servlets demonstration on the Internet at http://www.jotobjects.net. The demonstration is a simple JOT Servlets application that renders dynamic web content. Source code and explanatory text is provided with the demonstration.

JOT Servlets is a rapid application development framework for web applications. JOT Servlets cut through the growing layers of J2EE complexity. Web designers and Java programmers can develop dynamic web content using the skills they already have. Designers create JOT Template web pages using standard HTML, XML, and WML. Programmers write standard Java Beans web components with the JOT Beans API. JOT Templates render dynamic web content without mixing programming code into web page designs. No knowledge of JSP scripting or JSP expression language programming is required with JOT Servlets.

JOT Servlets can be downloaded for free. The license fee for commercial use includes technical support and source code.

Visit the home page.

Threaded Messages (10)

2. JOT Servlets Demonstration[ Go to top ]

Do we need yet another presentation layer framework?
  3. How much?[ Go to top ]

And this one isnt even free.... at 600 dollars for a server license and 300 dollars for a developer.

Why? Someone tell my why?
  4. Uhm...[ Go to top ]

...what a miserable demo. Even the one we did for our stuff a year or so ago seems more shiny now (http://www.iternum.com/i3ui). And we were in a hurry to get out before JSF got off the ground - what sheeps we were :-))
  5. JOT Servlets Demonstration[ Go to top ]

why do these people insist on posting there product anoucements to tss, everytime they just end up being mocked
  6. JOT Servlets Demonstration[ Go to top ]

I am sorry, but at least the example demonstrates a lot of practices that I would like to avoid - mixing HTML code into Java code. (Doing the reverse, interspercing HTML with pieces of Java is okay.)

And then, the framework does some obscure tricks to visualize the contents of the bean... so that the bean turns your Java in a kind of declarative language. Very funny. Very pathetic. IMHO, of course.
  7. JOT Servlets Demonstration[ Go to top ]

I am sorry, but at least the example demonstrates a lot of practices that I would like to avoid - mixing HTML code into Java code. (Doing the reverse, interspercing HTML with pieces of Java is okay.)And then, the framework does some obscure tricks to visualize the contents of the bean... so that the bean turns your Java in a kind of declarative language. Very funny. Very pathetic. IMHO, of course.
    Not sure where you are getting this from. There is only one Java source file in the demonstration and it does not include any HTML at all! So where is the HTML mixed into the Java code in the example?

You missed the point entirely and seem to be looking for something that is not there at all. The Java in the example and in JOT Servlets generally is simply plain vanilla Java Beans without any "tricks".
  8. JOT Servlets Demonstration[ Go to top ]

Well, It's not a good demo even I have ever seen. To strickly, It's a bad feeling to taste it.
  9. back to the old place[ Go to top ]

I am sorry, but at least the example demonstrates a lot of practices that I would like to avoid - mixing HTML code into Java code. (Doing the reverse, interspercing HTML with pieces of Java is okay.)And then, the framework does some obscure tricks to visualize the contents of the bean... so that the bean turns your Java in a kind of declarative language. Very funny. Very pathetic. IMHO, of course.
    Not sure where you are getting this from. There is only one Java source file in the demonstration and it does not include any HTML at all! So where is the HTML mixed into the Java code in the example?You missed the point entirely and seem to be looking for something that is not there at all. The Java in the example and in JOT Servlets generally is simply plain vanilla Java Beans without any "tricks".
    ======================================================
    I think the jot-bean is equal to the servlet original design target. it 'spit' the html content. now the jsp version is lesser than the servlet one. that is a very interesting phenomenon. maybe the jot walk around and then back to the old place. :)
  10. JOT Servlets Demonstration[ Go to top ]

There is some interesting speculation about JOT Servlets here, along with the usual chirping magpies.

At the simplest level a JOT Servlet works by associating (binding) an HTML page called a JOT Template with a JOT Bean that is roughly analogous to a jsp:useBean. The properties of the JOT Bean provide dynamic content roughly analogous to JSP expression elements like <%= expression %> (but done with plain HTML pages). The association between the template and the bean can itself be dynamically determined, and any number of composite and nested templates can use the properties of a set of beans, all of which may be determined at request time. There is more to it, but that's a sufficiently puffed up description :-). In practice this machinery is just normal HTML pages and Java beans (which is what the demonstration was intended to illustrate).

For another attempt at summarizing this see http://www.jotobjects.com/JOTprogintro.html
  11. only a little worthful[ Go to top ]

thanks for your comments and helpful link. to be serious, i visited the site and saw the programming guid. i think your work is to substitute some java coding work on jsp with java beans(your bean library). it is only a little worthful.