Discussions

News: Oracle releasing new "Standard Edition" of their appserver

1. Oracle is to release Oracle Application Server Standard Edition One, which will consist of a J2EE container, portal, integration, business intelligence and identity management software for machines running two CPUs. Oracle did a similar thing with its database, and shows its push for the mid-level market.

Read more: Oracle dismisses J2EE rivals, lines up Microsoft in SMB push
  2. This will be fun.
  3. Good. The more the merrier.
  4. That's interesting .. I always thought you could get their enterprise license for about $5k / CPU .. and much cheaper (free) if you're already running Weblogic ;-)

Peace,

Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol, Inc.
    Coherence: Shared Memories for J2EE Clusters
  5. So maybe they actually raised the price? Sneaky. :) Like half off the new, higher, double the old price. What a deal!
  6. As far as I know the the previous $5k version did not include Oracle Portal, Oracle BI tools and identity management (single sign-on, directory, ...).

- Peter
  7. As far as I know the the previous $5k version did not include Oracle Portal, Oracle BI tools and identity management (single sign-on, directory, ...).
    OK, that makes sense. Thanks :-)

Peace,

Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol, Inc.
    Coherence: Shared Memories for J2EE Clusters
  8. Good to know.
  9. GRReat: identity management[ Go to top ]

More containers should provide that out of the box. Not single sign on, they have that, but federated idenity managment.
    .V