Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: EJB Deployment problem

1. EJB Deployment problem (5 messages)

I am learning EJB and in the first step of deployment i am facing problems . I am working on weblogic 5.1. I have a simple EJB that does some simple calculation.
     I have placed the Bean class,home interface and remote interface in a package called "demobean".
     Then i created a temp folder called "EJB1" where i placed the demobean directory. I also created the META-INF folder containing the ejb-jar & weblogic-ejb-jar. xml files.
     I create the jar using "jar cf currency.jar demobean META-INF" .So "currency.jar" is my final jar.

I then open the currency.jar file in the deploytool. It does the first stage processing, but when i attempt to generate the container classes , the deploytool utility stops responding.

I am running weblogic on 64 MB Ram system. Has my problem got to do with the less Ram ? On the same m/c my collegue was able to deploy a EJB however.

Also can any one suggest me an alternate way to generate the container classes.

Thanx ,
    Rajesh

Threaded Messages (5)

2. EJB Deployment problem[ Go to top ]

try generating the container classes using ejbc from the command prompt, which comes along with weblogic.
  3. EJB Deployment problem[ Go to top ]

do u get any error in the console of ejbdeployer?
  4. EJB Deployment problem[ Go to top ]

META-INF should be in the Root directory..

Supposing c:/xxx/bean contains your bean classes then
    META-INF should be at c:/xxx.

The jar command should be ...
    jar cv0f bean/*.class META-INF.
  5. Ejb deployment[ Go to top ]

I am learning EJB i don't know how to deploy the bean.somebody help me.i am using tomcat server.is it possible with it.
  6. Ejb deployment[ Go to top ]

I am learning EJB i don't know how to deploy the bean.somebody help me.i am using tomcat server.is it possible with it.
    Hello,
    You can not deploy an EJB on Tomcat server. For deploying EJB u need a application server like weblogic,Websphere,JBoss etc. Tomcat is a servlet container (web server). Please check the tomcat site as well , you will come to know about the tomcat server.
    Thanks
    Amit