Monitoring and Management Tools
- jconsole: J2SE Monitoring and Management Console - JMX-compliant graphical tool for monitoring a Java virtual machine. It can monitor both local and remote JVMs.
- jps: JVM Process Status Tool - Lists instrumented HotSpot Java virtual machines on a target system.
- jstat: JVM Statistics Monitoring Tool - Attaches to an instrumented HotSpot Java virtual machine and collects and logs performance statistics as specified by the command line options.
- jstatd: JVM jstat Daemon - Launches an RMI server application that monitors for the creation and termination of instrumented HotSpot Java virtual machines and provides a interface to allow remote monitoring tools to attach to Java virtual machines running on the local system.
- jinfo: Configuration Info for Java - Prints configuration information for for a given process or core file or a remote debug server.
- jmap: Memory Map for Java - Prints shared object memory maps or heap memory details of a given process or core file or a remote debug server.
- jsadebugd: Serviceability Agent Debug Daemon for Java - Attaches to a process or core file and acts as a debug server.
- jstack: Stack Trace for Java - Prints a stack trace of threads for a given process or core file or remote debug server.