Orbeon is pleased to announce the release of Orbeon Presentation Server and Orbeon Studio as open source software under the LGPL license.
The projects are hosted on Sourceforge.net at:http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/orbeon
The formal announcement can be found at:http://www.orbeon.com/company/pr-oss-announcement
Orbeon is pleased to announce the release of Orbeon Presentation
Server and Orbeon Studio as open source software under the LGPL license. The projects are hosted on Sourceforge.net at:http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/orbeon
The following components are available:
- Presentation Server 2.5.3 (formerly OXF Server), is a J2EE-based MVC Framework purpose-built for creating Composite Web applications using XML technologies such as XForms and XSLT. Presentation Server includes a full-fledged XML pipelining engine based around the XPL pipeline definition language.
- Studio 0.5, an Eclipse-based IDE for Presentation Server developers building composite Web applications.
We are also very excited to announce the creation of the open source Orbeon Integration Suite (OIS) project, whose primary goal is to provide enterprise-grade open source business integration software for service-oriented architectures. The OIS project aims to foster a community that creates and promotes modular, standards-based open source software as a viable alternative to commercial offerings. Development or integration of the following modules is planned:
- XML Server, a powerful XML processing server based on XML pipelines, XSLT, XQuery, and XPath (currently at version 0.1).
- BPEL Server, to orchestrate long-running processes using Web Services and BPEL
- ESB, to provide a connection back-bone for routing information between loosely coupled services.
Further information on the project is available on the Orbeon Web site at: http://www.orbeon.com/software/