XML & Web services: How do I invoke a web-service
- Posted by: Pramod Mundhra
- Posted on: September 02 2004 07:56 EDT
I am new to web-services and required to know, a couple of things about them:
1. How do I write a web-service and enable it, so that someone (For the time-being, I) can invoke it.
2. How do I invoke a web-service and what are the parameters, I require from the creator of the web-service to invoke it?
3. How do I use UDDI to search for "all vendors that provide shipment from a source to a destination" to get results like FedEx, APS, etc?
4. I am also confused about where JAXB and JAX-RPC fit into the picture of creating a web-service.
I will be most obliged, if anyone could give me pointers in this direction.
Thanks and regards,
- How do I invoke a web-service by Zurdo 1119 on September 02 2004 10:25 EDT
- How do I invoke a web-service by Krishna Kurra on September 05 2004 20:35 EDT
Demos, tutorials, how to, forums:
Here is an article I wrote for Exposing EJB as an web service
Here are few web services articles written by my co-worker Mike Lehman
IBM Red Book on Webservices,
Web Services Handbook
It covers SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, JAX-RPC ...
Two really quick and easy ways to invoke a web service:
1) MindReef SoapScope. A great tool to have when working with web services.
2) WSIF. A very easy to use framework for dynamically invoking web services.