Jakarta Tapestry and JSP-like Includes

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Jakarta Tapestry and JSP-like Includes

1. Jakarta Tapestry and JSP-like Includes (4 messages)

Hi.

What component should I use to include a page from a given url into a tapestry page, like you would using the jsp include directive or action tag?

Thanks in advance.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Jakarta Tapestry and JSP-like Includes[ Go to top ]

p.s. I need this for including common elements such as sidebar and header.

thanks
  3. Jakarta Tapestry and JSP-like Includes[ Go to top ]

In Tapestry you will create a component that contains the header and sidebar and use that component in your pages. For an example look at the Border component used in the Virtual Library application included with the Tapestry distribution.
  4. Jakarta Tapestry and JSP-like Includes[ Go to top ]

Thanks. That Virtual Library web app is very interesting.

Took me a while to get it working (sort of) though. The supplied ant scripts only work with an older version of JBoss. Instead of, or better still in addition to providing these super automatic installation ant scripts (which work selectively), they should give simple instructions detailing which files you need to copy to which locations. That should be simple enough, and would benifit users using any container. Or may be I'm just ranting.

Thanks again.
  5. Scripts vs. instructions[ Go to top ]

I really think the scripts approach is better, even if it requires an older JBoss version. The directions and changes to make are very tedious! More people will see the live demo this way.

There is word of a port of VLib to JDO, which may remove the need for a container entirely. We may see this in the 3.1 timeframe.