Maintenance release of JSF 1.1 now available

Discussions

News: Maintenance release of JSF 1.1 now available

1. Maintenance release of JSF 1.1 now available (8 messages)

The JavaServer Faces 1.1_01 release is now available featuring bug fixes and performance improvements. Improvements include compression of views serialized to the client, failover support when storing views on the server, renderer fixes, and several other bug fixes and enhancements.

Links:

JavaServer Faces 1.1_01 download
    JSF Central community site

Threaded Messages (8)

2. Any Open Source Implementations?[ Go to top ]

It's really nice to see the v1.1 Specification Final Release and Final Implementation but since they are implementations of the spec., can you really use them in a product you are developing & distribute them? I don't think the licence allows you to do that. So given that, are there any open source implementations available out there that currently implements a full (rich) set of usable tag libraries?

Venkatt G
    Aveda Technology
  3. Any Open Source Implementations?[ Go to top ]

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/myfaces.html

http://www.myfaces.org/
  4. Any Open Source Implementations?[ Go to top ]

MyFaces is a nice implementation that really offers a set of components out of the box that makes developing applications based on JSF a reality. But the components and the JSF implementation are glued together using super-glue.
    The MyFaces website states that they want to unglue them, which I applaud. Sofar I haven't been able to use SUN's RI in conjunction with the MyFaces components, which is a must if you are using IBM's WebSphere Application Developer. Nor have I been succesful in importing the MyFaces components in SUN's Studio Creator.

I hope that the move of MyFaces to Apache will provide a good JSF implementation as well as a rich and expanding set of components.

Iwan
  5. Any Open Source Implementations?[ Go to top ]

It's really nice to see the v1.1 Specification Final Release and Final Implementation but since they are implementations of the spec., can you really use them in a product you are developing & distribute them? I don't think the licence allows you to do that.
    Actually, the license does allow that. See Section 2 of the "Supplemental License Terms" when you download the RI code from <So given that, are there any open source implementations available out there that currently implements a full (rich) set of usable tag libraries?Venkatt GAveda TechnologyNote that "implements the JSF specification" and "provides a full (rich) set of usable tag libraries" are orthogonal issues. A properly constructed rich set of components, with their corresponding tag libraries, should run on any compliant JSF spec implementation.

Craig McClanahan
  6. I'm really glad to see that JSF1.1 has been available.Is there any IDE support JSF? I heard that Jbuilder2005 will support,but will it be used as easy as vs.net?
  7. I am really impressed by Sun Creator which supports JSF 1.0. I don't know whether it supports 1.1 but it looks very much like vs.net 2003
  8. JSF[ Go to top ]

You can also try JSF Studio from Exadel: www.exadel.com
  9. Do you guys hate Gavin King that much?