Discussions

News: Tales From TheServerSide: JCP Asylum

1. Tales From TheServerSide: JCP Asylum (10 messages)

Ever wonder what's really happening behind the scenes in the JCP? In the latest TSS cartoon, conceived by Hani Suleiman, see how your favourite JSRs are doing, and why they're taking so long to get out the door.

Checkout JCP Asylum

Threaded Messages (10)

2. Tales From TheServerSide: JCP Asylum[ Go to top ]

While I liked the previous cartoons I don't get this one.
    The quality of the drawing is good but what's the idea?

Try something like this:
    http://madbean.com/blog/2004/17/totallygridbag.html
  3. Tales From TheServerSide: JCP Asylum[ Go to top ]

GREAT POST. That could be any of us 10 hours a day!

"that bings memories"
    ah, ah, no, please, I'll tell you evrything.... no JCP.

.V
  4. Crazy Guy[ Go to top ]

do this picture mean all the JCP guys are a nut? and IBM the Psykolog. Mmm. this mean we just can see Schwartz with Christina do a date. How about us? we are using JSR, and if we are very love JCP (the nuts), will we become part of them? So, all, let's move to the .NET. The sad thing, I am to love Java too much.
  5. Ahem...[ Go to top ]

No credit to the author?
  6. Ahem...[ Go to top ]

Are these pathetic characters all Fated to be deprecated?
  7. What up Ms Aguilera ?[ Go to top ]

What up Ms Aguilera being tied to Mr Swartz?
  8. Entity EJBs Story[ Go to top ]

How about a cartoon about entity EJBs development?
  9. I love it. Excellent satire in the spirit of Punch and Krokodil.

Hani Suleiman. I should have guessed it.
  10. What its mean?[ Go to top ]

Can anyone mind to explain what does the cartoon means?
  11. Re: Tales From TheServerSide: JCP Asylum[ Go to top ]

Java is not like 10 years ago. Companies use it. Governments use it. Once a spec is developed, all vendors implement it and once vendors implements all people use it.

It is difficult now, more then ever before. And it will be more difficult. But the idea and structure of both java and JCP is great and that's what a building can be built over. And, it takes time, sure, naturally, more then before, of course.

Try to make a java spec, considering that after you complete it, it will be implemented by vendors and for example it will be used by governments. Then do it in a short time. I don't think so. I think that you even can't sleep in a peace.

Things go right guys. Don't worry.

Regards

Kilinc

Ever wonder what's really happening behind the scenes in the JCP? In the latest TSS cartoon, conceived by Hani Suleiman, see how your favourite JSRs are doing, and why they're taking so long to get out the door.Checkout JCP Asylum