Discussions

News: ObjectWeb releases JORAM 4.1

1. ObjectWeb releases JORAM 4.1 (6 messages)

JORAM is an agent-based message-oriented middleware that incorporates a 100% pure Java implementation of JMS. . JOnAS is the JMS implemntation used in the JOnAS J2EE application server. A new version, 4.1, of JORAM is available.

JORAM committer Luc Bellissard brings the following details:

Joram 4.1 is finally available for download. It provides the following new features as well as fixes and improvements :

* The Joram 4.1 JCA 1.5 RA, handles:
              o Inbound (asynchronous message flow) and Outbound (synchronous message flow) communications
              o Support of distributed (XA) and local transactions.
              o Automatic recovery of indoubt Xids via XAResource.recover().
              o Deployment as a Resource Adapter to an external JORAM server.
              o Deployment in collocated mode : a JORAM server is started and stopped at RA deployment and undeployment.
        * The clustered queue feature provides a load-balancing mechanism. It is made up of several queues exchanging messages depending on their load.

This new feature is sponsored by France Telecom R&D, as will be the future High-Availability Joram server to be released in the next version.

JORAM 4.1 is used by JOnAS to undergo the J2EE 1.4 certification, and has already passed all tests concerning JMS in this TCK.

JORAM home page

Threaded Messages (6)

2. ObjectWeb releases JORAM 4.1[ Go to top ]

No comments yet?

This is a very good JMS, if you're going to compare it with OpenJMS this this wins hands down. I'd be interested to see how it compares with James' Active MQ out of Geronimo, anyone compared them?

Well done ObjectWeb, a nice piece of work.

-John-
  3. ObjectWeb releases JORAM 4.1[ Go to top ]

FWIW all these new features mentioned of JORAM were in ActiveMQ 1.0 apart from distributed queues, which will be in the 1.1 release fairly soon.

We should try create an open source JMS performance test suite to compare them head-to-head along with the commercial ones. We've a simple one in ActiveMQ which could serve as a base.

James
    Protique
    Enteprise Open Source Solutions
  4. ObjectWeb releases JORAM 4.1[ Go to top ]

.We should try create an open source JMS performance test suite to compare them head-to-head along with the commercial ones. We've a simple one in ActiveMQ which could serve as a base.James
    I think this is a great idea. I am sure many organizations wrote such a thing before they choose a JMS implementation. Instead of writing one, they can contribute to this test suite. I wonder which vendors would have enough trust to their JMS in order to contribute to this open source JMS perf. test suite. It is easy to say 'ours is better and faster' by pointing to internal test results on their own website.

-talip
  5. How about adding to this[ Go to top ]

http://jmscts.sourceforge.net/ for performance testing
  6. How about adding to this[ Go to top ]

http://jmscts.sourceforge.net/ for performance testing
    Myself and everyone I know who's tried it have found jmscts to be an absolute nightmare to run. (e.g. when I try run it using our little maven project, I just get a wierd castor exception which has me completely stumped).

So I'd hope for something a little lighter weight thats easier to actually run with other things than openjms :). I guess maybe we could just actually try fix jmscts to be easier to use - but I can't help thinking starting from something simple & easy to use might be a better use of our time.

If anyone has any bright ideas on getting jmscts to actually run with, say, ActiveMQ, though I'm all ears :)

James
    Protique
    Enteprise Open Source
  7. ObjectWeb releases JORAM 4.1[ Go to top ]

This is a very good JMS, if you're going to compare it with OpenJMS this this wins hands down... -John-
    Hi! In what area does JORAM 4.1 wins hands down with respect to OpenJMS? Can you please share the details. I sincerely would like to know.

Thanks.